The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

2 minutes ago, carlos182 said:

That's your opinion and I respect that. But, first of all, Dream Theater is not a metal band. Dream Theater is a progressive band, sure they have metal material but it is not the same for every album.

I don't agree with saying that the music or any song is garbage just because you don't like it. It is called musical taste. Saying that the musicians are very talented and technically advanced is not a justification of liking the songs, it is just a fact, like it or not.

I enjoy complex songs such as those kind of bands, as well as simple but catchy songs, just like blink-182.

Well they do refer to their music as "soundscapes". Yeah whatever it is, it's frankly pretty nerdy (specifically DT) to me. I was just commenting on the fans rather than the band.

what I don't like about metal is how it's like a race among "metal heads" to accumulate the biggest list of terrible obscure bands that they never actually listen to.

"bro you heard the new rotten maggot fetus album?!"

• Like 3

some metal/hardcore kicks ass! probably the best thing going for it is that their music doesn't get stuck in the pattern of intro/verse/chorus/verse/chorus/outro/chorus that a lot of other music is susceptible to. not to mention the contrast between clean and unclean vocals can sound amazing when done right

Every show i've ever been to has had a good mix of women/girls. so not sure what exactly you're on about there. (no surprise there)

i've never even been to a metal show (unless you count like screamo Underoath shows from 2005)

15 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Every show i've ever been to has had a good mix of women/girls. so not sure what exactly you're on about there. (no surprise there)

i've never even been to a metal show (unless you count like screamo Underoath shows from 2005)

Did everybody have the same haircut at these lynyrd skynyrd concerts?

• Like 1

The first time I saw Against Me! was in 2003 or 04, I can't remember ... the played in Phoenix with Lucero and Grabass Charlestons. There were only like 20 to 30 people there and it was a total blast. I spent the evening smoking cigarettes and chatting up a lovely young woman whom I promptly made uncomfortable and ruined any chance of a little late night romance with ... see, she asked for a drag off my cigarette and I said 'Sure! Wait .... you don't have herpes, right?' She pretend smiled, gave a half laugh and things were never the same the rest of the night. 

Moral of the story: herpes jokes aren't funny and offend people.

• Like 3