The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 hours ago, Osgod said:

I saw MCS opening for Blink back in 2004 I guess. A Nervous Return (for +44 reference) was also playing. Great times.

YOU BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!

I'm dying of envy, hahaha. Blink at its peak, and MCS pretty much too. What a show.

• Like 2

yeah, i saw them too on that tour, i didn't know MCS very well in 2004 but i loved them that night and became a big fan ever since. i got the chance to see them again, one last time, in 2012 in a small club, we were like 50 people but everyone was screaming every single word, what a fun show! 

On 2017-03-09 at 7:01 PM, boxelder said:

TMTATS wasn't on itunes either (though i seem to remember it being on there briefly as some sort of promotion). i think it has something to do with the limited nature of its initial release, though that seems pointless 17 years down the line lol

This is late but I bought the album brand new in 2007, it popped up on a lot of Sdandinavian e-stores at that time. No idea though if this was just the initial pressing or if they got their hand on more by some chance.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Capsov said:

Listening to Neighborhoods for the first time in a while. Forgot how solid the first half of the record is. GOTDF-Kaleidoscope are all good songs. Throw in Even If She Falls and you have a great record. 

I think the songs after Kaleidoscope are pretty solid too, but that album is so dysfunctional after Kaleidoscope. All the songs until then hold up so well then it all becomes a mess after so I kind of agree. I think if these songs were just in an EP, they'd be labelled as some of the best songs by blink but if there's too many songs, you can start to tell which song Mark and Tom wrote, or who played guitar. You could never really tell who did what in previous albums, for eg Here's Your Letter is such a Mark song but the guitar is just Tom's style.

Such a shame what could've been when it comes to Neighborhoods because the songs really are great, but still a mess at the same time. One of the things I enjoy about California is once again, I can't tell if Mark recorded guitar on it or not. I'm sure there's a couple of songs where he recorded some from the way Feldman explained the writing process in some interviews, but the songs aren't dysfunctional. You can tell they all wrote it together pretty much, although I do have my own opinions about the writing process for California. Not the biggest fan of how they did it, but it is what it is and blink achieved exactly what they wanted.

You can tell they love the album compared to Neighborhoods too. Probably might be why they don't play too many songs from Neighborhoods, because they hated how the process worked. I miss them playing Heart's All Gone as well. Wish they played Natives, Snake Charmer, and although most people here hate LID, I think that is a song that was written to get the crowd to sing along to in the chorus. You can tell what Tom tried to achieve with that song. I think the crowd would probably sing along to it no matter how bad them lyrics are.

On 3/10/2017 at 3:34 PM, Zoltan said:

i think my dinosaur life is even better than commit this to memory.

Gotta share my thoughts on Motion City Soundtrack.
First song I ever heard was "Hold me down" many many years ago and thought it was fantastic but didn't really look into the band.
A long time later when My Dinosaur Life was out I gave it a listen and was completely blown away...FINALLY a band that made GOOD pop punk with meaning and does not have a shit singer/lyricist.
That album was a near perfect album in my mind and I thought it could not get any better...HOLY SHIT WAS I FUCKING WRONG!
I got into Commit this to Memory and Even if it Kills Me and those albums were EVEN BETTER to me that my dinosaur life.
Commit this to Memory is easily on my top 5 favorite albums of all time.
One thing I really love about motion city is they have these amazing double choruses that life you to an even higher place than the first chorus.
Motion City quickly became my second favorite band of all time.
Go, and Panic Stations (while not as good as previous albums in my opinion) Are still both amazing.
Motion city has the best track record next to blink for having songs I like.
Similarly to blink there is not one song they have put out that I can say I dislike.

• Like 1

I don't even consider them a punkpop band. I guess they are more into the Weezer league, that kind of bands which are labeled as powerpop or whatever. To me? Just very well crafted poprock, although their fisrt album has a very ice punkrock touch.