The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

9 hours ago, Ghost said:

They were supposed to be a part of the Urethra Chronicles 3, which, well, as we all know, was never done becuse the hiatus and, probably, the whole tension scenes.

All this time I've been upset we never got the blinkumentary that I completely forgot we also never got Urethra Chronicles 3. Fuck I'd love to see that stuff.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 1:23 AM, Cheerios4u98 said:

Not gonna lie though my favorite Deluxe track is Bored to Death Acoustic

As much as I love the main version of that song, I really wish they would've done a studio version of the acoustic one. That could've been even better IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

As much as I love the main version of that song, I really wish they would've done a studio version of the acoustic one. That could've been even better IMO.

Me too! I’m annoyed that it’s live, but I still like it more than the other tracks.

though I do think it’s pretty cool hearing the crowd sing the “whoa-oh’s.”

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Me too! I’m annoyed that it’s live, but I still like it more than the other tracks.

It sucks they play power chords on acoustic ... totally looses its appeal when they do that 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, madgaz182 said:

It sucks they play power chords on acoustic ... totally looses its appeal when they do that 

I kinda like it actually. It’s a super blink thing to do, or a Tom thing to do at least. What Went Wrong is all power chords. There Is and Letters to God are all power chords.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I kinda like it actually. It’s a super blink thing to do, or a Tom thing to do at least. What Went Wrong is all power chords. There Is and Letters to God are all power chords.

Yeah but when Tom does it, it sounds interesting. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Bothers me every time that Mark’s ‘wooooah’s at the end drown out the crowd, would have been so much better if he stayed silent

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kay said:

Yeah but when Tom does it, it sounds interesting. 

Tom has a unique technique and writing style. I'll defend his guitar skills until I'm in the grave, he's a good writer on the guitar.  Sometimes less is more and compliments the song better

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BlinkFloyd said:

Enema of the State voted #1 pop punk album of all-time.  Take Off Your Pants at #7 and Dude Ranch at #25.  Still awesome seeing Blink top lists like this.

https://www.rocksound.tv/features/read/the-best-pop-punk-albums-20-1

Ouch

15 hours ago, BlinkFloyd said:

Enema of the State voted #1 pop punk album of all-time.  Take Off Your Pants at #7 and Dude Ranch at #25.  Still awesome seeing Blink top lists like this.

https://www.rocksound.tv/features/read/the-best-pop-punk-albums-20-1

It's not biased to say Green Day & Blink should be dominating the pop punk lists like this.  It's cool Enema got voted over Dookie but no way bands like All Time Low, Neck Deep should be getting in over Dude Ranch, every other Green Day album and where the heck is Self Titled.

9 minutes ago, raw_sounds said:

But its hard telling who counts as pop-punk and who does not, if we count Smash by Ofspring, ...and out come the wolves by Rancid they should be on the top 5 IMO also Descendents record are missing if they count as pop-punk

Pop-Punk was started by Blink & Green Day imo, and no one really came close to those 2 aside some short stints by Offspring (talking their pop punk stuff), Sum 41 & friends.   Rancid and early Offspring are definitely more punk.