The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I think an artist can play whatever the hell they want, big hit or not. They might have some disappointed fans but they've changed a lot over the years and have every right to leave whatever they want in the past. Maybe I'm biased or something because I think their newest album was rad and I wasn't a big fan of them previously.

3 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Shes just overthinking it. Nobody cares if she feels more grown up now. Its a good song. Their breakthrough most popular song. Do your job as a musician and play it for your audience! 

Does she think shes the only artist whos lasted more than 10 years? She needs to get over herself. Oh poor you, you have to play a song for your fans. If she's so mature and grown up, she would just play the damn song!

She can do whatever she wants with the song.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Shes just overthinking it. Nobody cares if she feels more grown up now. Its a good song. Their breakthrough most popular song. Do your job as a musician and play it for your audience! 

Does she think shes the only artist whos lasted more than 10 years? She needs to get over herself. Oh poor you, you have to play a song for your fans. If she's so mature and grown up, she would just play the damn song!

Oh shut the fuck up. Loads of artists have done this, it's her songs, it's up to her what she plays live. She's made it known they won't play it and that's it - her music, her choice. Brand New stopped playing Seventy x Seven, blink stopped playing Adams Song and Paramore have a shit load of other materials and hits to use. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

i think it's fair they stop playing that song.... overplayed for me anyway..

but the reason why is ridiculous... also making a big deal out of it...gotta love that press

Do you have criteria for what is and is not a valid reason for a band to stop playing a song live?

7 hours ago, Kay said:

Oh shut the fuck up. Loads of artists have done this, it's her songs, it's up to her what she plays live. She's made it known they won't play it and that's it - her music, her choice. Brand New stopped playing Seventy x Seven, blink stopped playing Adams Song and Paramore have a shit load of other materials and hits to use. 

Ive never heard of a band that stops playing their most popular song. Ive heard dozens of bands say how they hate a song, but they aren't such spoiled divas to stop playing it. GnR still play Sweet Child o Mine. Sum 41 still play In Too Deep.

Blink would never stop playing First Date or Carousel because of some midlife crisis or false sense of maturity. Everyone grows up and changes, Hayley isnt special! 

8 hours ago, thongrider said:

She can do whatever she wants with the song.

Yeah what's your point? She can dress like a banana and play the nazi national anthem on stage if she wants

Id love to be in the front row yelling all night, "play misery business!!"....she would prob have to cancel a weeks worth of shows because of my bullying! 

2 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Id love to be in the front row yelling all night, "play misery business!!"....she would prob have to cancel a weeks worth of shows because of my bullying! 

She could just book all ages shows instead since you’re probably not allowed at those.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Ive never heard of a band that stops playing their most popular song. Ive heard dozens of bands say how they hate a song, but they aren't such spoiled divas to stop playing it. GnR still play Sweet Child o Mine. Sum 41 still play In Too Deep.

Blink would never stop playing First Date or Carousel because of some midlife crisis or false sense of maturity. Everyone grows up and changes, Hayley isnt special! 

Yeah what's your point? She can dress like a banana and play the nazi national anthem on stage if she wants

Radiohead? 

You must really love this Misery Business song. I'm sure Blink could stop playing those songs. In fact I think they should, but it's not up to me to decide. 

deadmau5 had a creative way about going about playing his fan-favourite song and pretty much makes fun of everyone who likes it. but still knows how important it is to the show. hilarious live stuff here 

Pretty much, halfway through the set and into the intro, all the music gets cut off with him helling FUCK. FUCK. FINE. FOR FUCKS SAKE. (Then the video starts). Followed by a bunch of stupid animals with his mask looking disabled rendered onto a bunch of weird animal bodies and a shot of him slamming his head onto a keyboard to the beat - including memes of him puking and wearing the dealwithit.jpg glasses

1 hour ago, Mau5 said:

deadmau5 had a creative way about going about playing his fan-favourite song and pretty much makes fun of everyone who likes it. but still knows how important it is to the show. hilarious live stuff here 

Pretty much, halfway through the set and into the intro, all the music gets cut off with him helling FUCK. FUCK. FINE. FOR FUCKS SAKE. (Then the video starts). Followed by a bunch of stupid animals with his mask looking disabled rendered onto a bunch of weird animal bodies and a shot of him slamming his head onto a keyboard to the beat - including memes of him puking and wearing the dealwithit.jpg glasses

Just the shame the bloke is a Grade A wanker. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45470744

Radiohead went 7 years without performing Creep. Oasis didn't play Wonderwall for years either. This happens quite a lot, for one reason or another. Paramore aren't one hit wonders, they can still play Pressure, Aint It Fun, The Only Exception, Hard Times, Still Into You and all the other singles and have a happy crowd. it is not the be all and end all of their career, and as it's their music and their band they can do whatever the hell they like with it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

No ones questioning anyone's rights. Blink 182 can go on stage and play the Flyswatter album, flip off the crowd, and go home! 

Oasis is dumb for not playing Wonderwall. Those Gallaghers are drama queens too! And Radiohead..well they are total weirdos, not surprised

Then what is your point?