The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Awesome to see Blink mentioned on a "snubbed" Rock and Roll Hall of Fame list.  Even though California is absolute garbage and I hate the direction they are taking the band, things like this will always make me happy for them: 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2018/10/09/rock-and-roll-hall-fame-snubs-these-acts-deserved-nomination/1577072002/

How the hell are Depeche Mode, New Order and the Smiths not already in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame? The Cure also should've been in it a long time ago. I'd argue blink are way more influential than Green Day too, so really blink should get in straight away too. Green Day are more popular and known but seems to me most modern artists and bands list blink-182 as an influence rather than Green Day.

2 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

How the hell are Depeche Mode, New Order and the Smiths not already in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame? The Cure also should've been in it a long time ago. I'd argue blink are way more influential than Green Day too, so really blink should get in straight away too. Green Day are more popular and known but seems to me most modern artists and bands list blink-182 as an influence rather than Green Day.

But Green Day sold a lot more and got Grammys. And probably meant more to the 94 generation than Blink did to the new millennium. 

Those bands being British probably has something to do with it. But yeah ridiculous. 

• Like 2

Does anyone else find it slightly odd how much the Hoppuses go to Disney?  I know it's cool and all but wouldn't it fuck with you after a while?  One time I swear it was 3 weekends in a row.  Maybe it's just because I'm not from Cali.. I just feel like it'd be super depressing how old I'd feel now and how much easier life used to be then where waiting in the line was the only stress you had.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cali Denial Cape said:

Does anyone else find it slightly odd how much the Hoppuses go to Disney?  I know it's cool and all but wouldn't it fuck with you after a while?  One time I swear it was 3 weekends in a row.  Maybe it's just because I'm not from Cali.. I just feel like it'd be super depressing how old I'd feel now and how much easier life used to be then where waiting in the line was the only stress you had.

How old is jack? Shouldn’t he be at that age where he doesn’t wanna do things with his parents anymore

some of y’all here make wild assumptions. he’s what, 15 or 16? i had a great relationship with my parents and still do. if they wanted to go to a theme park i’d say yes for sure, those times are special and few and far between as you get older. i know next to nothing about marks family but i get the gist he’s just a good dad who likes disney and has enough money to treat his family to it whenever he pleases. nothing wrong with that

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Cali Denial Cape said:

Lots of LA people go there all the time, it's just something fun to do and you can roll in with an annual pass whenever you want if you have the money to throw down, I'm sure they have the FastPass or whatever it's called that gets you in faster lines too. Just as a comparison in my city we have a huge/popular zoo and families go there all the time just like for a fun weekend activity, I can only imagine having Disneyland that close and being rich enough to throw down a few thousand bucks for annual passes for the whole family and just going to hang for a few hours whenever you wanted. 

When I think of going to Disney all the time I think of getting stuck on Its A Small World After All over and over again.

I know there's lots of rides, but there's lots of trippy shit too. Would drive me insane.

Those rides are pretty amazing though.. Like that Aerosmith one and The Mummy. Guess I'm not a full on hater.

• Like 2