The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

None of what Blink has done since losing Tom is surprising, let's be real. Mark wants to be the cool dad of the current pop punk scene while fitting into it, which means collaborating with guys like this and making music that appeals to the 2010s emo teens who are going to adore and worship Blink's every move. Love it or hate it, this has been a long time coming.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

39 minutes ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

yikes

I actually wouldn't mind this photo if you took out Skiba. Dude looks so out of place and they are forcing it always pushing it as blink instead of Featuring Mark & Travis because blink is dead.  Which wouldn't be that big of a deal

22 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

I actually wouldn't mind this photo if you took out Skiba. Dude looks so out of place and they are forcing it always pushing it as blink instead of Featuring Mark & Travis because blink is dead.  Which wouldn't be that big of a deal

Nah fake Kill Bill makes it the extra level of stupid

31 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I'm just leaving it here but I haven't listened to it 

I'm... confused.

on one hand, it's totally trash. on the other hand, I actually expected it to be much worse?

like Matt actually sounds pretty damn good in most of this, lyrics are the usual cheesy and cut and paste job blink have done on California, but the most musically interesting parts are the stupid techno bits but it isn't as off putting as it could've been.

my only major gripe (outside of it being incredibly dull as a song, and just really poppy and shit, I think that goes without saying) is that Mark repeats the word 'down' (4 times). idk if it was them trying to nod at Down the song or if they're just at that bad a  level of recycling things now. 

I wouldn't listen to this again by choice, but it doesn't make me want to jam my ears with a railroad spike. if they did this as an album blink album I'd be livid, but as it isn't I'm a lot more 'meh' about it. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Kay said:

on one hand, it's totally trash. on the other hand, I actually expected it to be much worse?

I actually kind of know what you mean if I'm honest, I did expect worse - the pre chorus build up feels like it's going somewhere but then it's like someone sticking a pin in a balloon when the drop happens. 

Just another desperate attempt to stay relevant for me, fucking cringers. 

• Like 5