The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

unpopular opinion:

"love is dangerous" is the best post-reunion blink song. i think it carries on that "blink meets the cure" sound they left off with just before the breakup, shows solid musicianship across the board, and is lyrically mature/relevant for their adult fan base.

Good song, very underrated and definitely don't understand the hate.  I'd put it right below Natives and Kaleidoscope, tied with WIWY, DED as best post reuinion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kevin. said:

unpopular opinion:

"love is dangerous" is the best post-reunion blink song. i think it carries on that "blink meets the cure" sound they left off with just before the breakup, shows solid musicianship across the board, and is lyrically mature/relevant for their adult fan base.

"It's all static - just like my television!" 

Jokes aside I genuinely quite like Love Is Dangerous, I just find the way Tom pronounces "Dangerous" to be completely distracting. it'd probably be higher on my list of post reunion favourites if it wasn't for that, I like it musically, I like Mark's subtle backing lyrics on the chorus, I like the mix of weird synths and guitar bits. it's an alright effort, but it will always be under cut but "LOVE IS SO DEINGURROUSSSS" for me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

While we're at it, can someone explain to me the whole meaning behind 'Spread love like violence!' 'like violence you have me!' Tom kept going on about?  It sounds cool, but I never got it.

He had a violent relationship with Jen.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NJansaid said:

While we're at it, can someone explain to me the whole meaning behind 'Spread love like violence!' 'like violence you have me!' Tom kept going on about?  It sounds cool, but I never got it.

'Spread love like violence' and 'like violence you have me forever and after' etc is just meaningless. I am pretty sure Tom just likes certain words so he re-uses them a lot. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kay said:

"It's all static - just like my television!" 

Jokes aside I genuinely quite like Love Is Dangerous, I just find the way Tom pronounces "Dangerous" to be completely distracting. it'd probably be higher on my list of post reunion favourites if it wasn't for that, I like it musically, I like Mark's subtle backing lyrics on the chorus, I like the mix of weird synths and guitar bits. it's an alright effort, but it will always be under cut but "LOVE IS SO DEINGURROUSSSS" for me. 

i like that television line and i've had over ten years to accept how tom's voice has changed and how he'll pronounce words. it's just how he does it now. he does the same thing with a ton of lines on that album (i.e. "sew innocent and scauuureyyy")

I think Love is Dangerous is a very good song but bad lyrics for the chorus. The bridge like most of Neighborhoods is a bit boring too. But instrumentally the rest of the whole song is superb IMO. Don't know why people feel like it sounds like AVA. I don't get AVA vibes from it. Yeah, it has synths but I feel songs like Wishing Well in the chorus or Ghost on the Dance Floor in the verses sound way more like AVA than that song.

• Like 2