The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Tbh if Mark said "fuck it" and self produced, self released without any label, like a 4 track EP of just him doing him, I'd probably love it. It wouldn't be blink and it'd probably be super damn weird but I'd like to see what he would do if he wasn't having to worry about specific pressures in the industry. just did it for him. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Kay said:

Tbh if Mark said "fuck it" and self produced, self released without any label, like a 4 track EP of just him doing him, I'd probably love it. It wouldn't be blink and it'd probably be super damn weird but I'd like to see what he would do if he wasn't having to worry about specific pressures in the industry. just did it for him. 

Exactly. People on this board seem to hate that In Transit song he wrote. That song is so +44 sounding. Also shares the same vibes as Kaleidoscope, MH, DED and all that. That's Mark's true sound. If people don't like that sound, then they don't like real blink. That Nothing and Nobody remix is also very very +44 sounding if you ignore the vocals. That's what blink-182 should be sounding like because that's who Mark is now. Obviously including Skiba and Travis as well, because they'll bring their own shit to the table too.

The snapchat clips from like 5 years ago when Tom was still in the band, again just sounded like +44. I'd rather have Mark writing what naturally comes to him. California has 10 songs I enjoy but none of them feel natural at all. They all just feel forced to me.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Exactly. People on this board seem to hate that In Transit song he wrote. That song is so +44 sounding. Also shares the same vibes as Kaleidoscope, MH, DED and all that. That's Mark's true sound. If people don't like that sound, then they don't like real blink. That Nothing and Nobody remix is also very very +44 sounding if you ignore the vocals. That's what blink-182 should be sounding like because that's who Mark is now. Obviously including Skiba and Travis as well, because they'll bring their own shit to the table too.

The snapchat clips from like 5 years ago when Tom was still in the band, again just sounded like +44. I'd rather have Mark writing what naturally comes to him. California has 10 songs I enjoy but none of them feel natural at all. They all just feel forced to me.

I loved In Transit tbh, it's still on my main playlist of shit. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Yeah, I love it too. No idea why it often got hate on this board. Don't know why Pete Wentz is associated with this song though. The song sounds 100% all Mark.

Pretty sure pete wrote the lyrics or something