The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

32 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Blink headlining Back to the Beach fest. Feldy's dream world scenario:

uivp2P7.jpg

I would actually go to this, especially if Tom was still in it would travel to see.  Pretty good lineup there.

Edit: just saw 'Travis and Feldy present'.  Fml, going to suck.  Travis kids will probably be the guest feature like anyone cares.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

random: whatever happened to macbeth shoes? i know tom sold it off at some point but i thought they were still going. it's been super long since i've owned any but i liked the pair of wallisters i had. when i tried searching for the brand, pretty much nothing comes up.

i'd like to know that too, bought a pair of rindell when i was 17 and wore them all the time. 

Yup, Feldy owns Trav/Blink IMHO. Could you imagine the outrage if Tom tried to get Blink to play a "TO THE STARS" show in San Diego that Tom was hosting and benefiting financially from? Mark would've flipped.

This made me cringe:

"Join us for a family friendly festival weekend in the sand inside Huntington State Beach this April 27th & 28th! Kids under 10 get in free the entire festival with paid adult admission plus access to the Lil' Punk Kidzone which is a fun all-inclusive area for kids 10 & under who are accompanied by an adult."

33 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

random: whatever happened to macbeth shoes? i know tom sold it off at some point but i thought they were still going. it's been super long since i've owned any but i liked the pair of wallisters i had. when i tried searching for the brand, pretty much nothing comes up.

I'm pretty sure they went totally bankrupt or something. I still have two pairs, one in great condition. They were super uncomfortable for my flat feet, but they had a lot of good styles.

23 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yup, Feldy owns Trav/Blink IMHO. Could you imagine the outrage if Tom tried to get Blink to play a "TO THE STARS" show in San Diego that Tom was hosting and benefiting financially from? Mark would've flipped.

This made me cringe:

"Join us for a family friendly festival weekend in the sand inside Huntington State Beach this April 27th & 28th! Kids under 10 get in free the entire festival with paid adult admission plus access to the Lil' Punk Kidzone which is a fun all-inclusive area for kids 10 & under who are accompanied by an adult."

Can’t wait for blink to add ‘Twinkle Twinkle Pop Punk Star’ To the setlist 

1 minute ago, Ry-Bread said:

It's the corny name Speedo, not the idea of a kid's section. (Even though "Blink" and "Family Friendly" should never be in the same sentence)

Yeah, I know but its a kids zone with a corny name ... so par for the course.

Also, Blink don't talk on stage anymore and they play pop music, they're practically the fucking Wiggles.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kevin. said:

macbeth was sold to saban, and they continued producing and selling shoes in indonesia and malaysia only.

1 hour ago, Kevin. said:

weird. the company i work for is owned by them now too. where's my shoes 

as far as i know the shoes were made in indonesia from the beginning. saban obviously has not bought the brand to make it prosper, macbeth was probably a competitor of another vegan footwear brand of theirs, so they just wanted to get rid of it - at least in the usa and europe.

but when they bought the brand, they probably needed to continue a contract with the manufacturer. or maybe the south-east asia region was a really good market (they save the import/export costs).