The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

do you think there are still any young fans?  i mean when they broke up the average age of the fans was maybe 16/17, so now, 5 years later everyone is all grown up

This is a good point, which is why I hope they write a progressive album and not try to target the same audience they did back then.  Grow with your fans...

Here's a question, how's it going to be without Jerry Finn since Jerry pretty much made Blink what it is today...

Well Blink produced Another Girl, Another Planet all by themselves and it still kept the blink sound. So if they don't get someone new to produce and produce it themselves, it has the potential for sure to sound just as awesome as what they've done with Jerry

do you think there are still any young fans?  i mean when they broke up the average age of the fans was maybe 16/17, so now, 5 years later everyone is all grown up

This is a good point, which is why I hope they write a progressive album and not try to target the same audience they did back then.  Grow with your fans...

lol i'm nearly 21 now and i have always enjoyed dude ranch the most and still do.. i'm not so much for the whole progressive.. maybe making things better but not progressive (meaning what tom did with AVA or where blink was going with their last album.. ) granted i liked the last album but much more away from the pop-punk of that would not be good in my opinion.

lol i'm nearly 21 now and i have always enjoyed dude ranch the most and still do.. i'm not so much for the whole progressive.. maybe making things better but not progressive (meaning what tom did with AVA or where blink was going with their last album.. ) granted i liked the last album but much more away from the pop-punk of that would not be good in my opinion.

Well I just want them to write however comes naturally, you know?  Like I don't want them to craft it in a certain way or to fit in a genre.

I want organic blink.

Well I just want them to write however comes naturally, you know?  Like I don't want them to craft it in a certain way or to fit in a genre.

I want organic blink.

definitely! i'm down with that.. they should have fun writing what comes to them naturally.. being in blink was always supposed to be fun.. (inferring from interviews etc) thats what will bring them back to their roots.

Here's a question, how's it going to be without Jerry Finn since Jerry pretty much made Blink what it is today...

Well Blink produced Another Girl, Another Planet all by themselves and it still kept the blink sound. So if they don't get someone new to produce and produce it themselves, it has the potential for sure to sound just as awesome as what they've done with Jerry

At the same time, it was just a cover.  Finn produced all of their albums since Enema.  Now with Tom doing his AVA style of music, I wonder how they'll balance it in blink.

my friend told me blink has been on hiatus for 1442 days... do u see it?^^

ha ha 1 (4+4) 2

thats nuts

At the same time, it was just a cover.  Finn produced all of their albums since Enema.  Now with Tom doing his AVA style of music, I wonder how they'll balance it in blink.

right, i understand that, but still they took that song and totally made it a blink song, seriously, listen to AGAP, they changed it so much so that it sounds right at home in the blink-182 library

if they can produce a cover and make it their own, I'm fairly sure they can produce their own material if they want, and keep it as great as Blink always has been

right, i understand that, but still they took that song and totally made it a blink song, seriously, listen to AGAP, they changed it so much so that it sounds right at home in the blink-182 library

if they can produce a cover and make it their own, I'm fairly sure they can produce their own material if they want, and keep it as great as Blink always has been

I agree with Erection, although it was a cover, they changed it to sound like the good ole Blink style that they are known for.

Honestly, if AGAP is a sign of things to come, I'm fucking stoked on their new album and it could be one of my favourites.  One thing that really stands out on AGAP is how amazing the fusion of Mark and Tom's voice sound together during the chorus.  Probably the best I've heard of them singing simultaneously.

band memeber grow older and mature and change their sounds. if a band kept putting out the same old stuff over and over whats the point? i love the way blink has progressed and am looking foward to more material like their last album. My prediction is this album we'll see a bit of a mix between toypaj and untitled. which obviously those are 2 albums that you could really see how much they grew both as songwriters and people. With a few songs set aside from toypaj like happy holidays of course. Cannot wait for some new tunes :-D

Now that they're back and talking to the public, I think we should be able to a conduct an informal interview with them.

Remember back in I think August 2005, b182.com conducted an interview with Mark with questions taken from a survey of fans.

I think we should have that happen again, except we'd be interviewing Blink 182. :)