The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I guess most of you must have seen this already... I just did. WTF

Quote from some To The Stars .... album review I read this week:

"Let’s be honest: The dude’s head is so far up his own ass that maybe his best bet is to stick to the scatological."

• Like 1

Serious question: Can someone please explain to me what To The Stars (website) really is or does?  To me it just seems like a Tom DeLonge/AVA online store..... Why would anyone besides Tombots would be interested in that?  

I guess most of you must have seen this already... I just did. WTF

I honestly just question in what universe that AAA was a threat to blink.  I guess it's a threat to blink in the sense that if you only work on AAA and not blink, then no blink work will ever get made, which does seem like a truly legit point, and its funny because that's essentially Tom's way of answering that question as, I'm not like the guys in Rancid, I can't find time for blink outside of the other music I choose to make.

I still like the idea that he was talking about 5 out of 10 star reviews. Because seriously I can't think of any 5/5 star reviews that I saw.

Even if The Dream Walker had gotten 5/5's and 10/10's across the board, how would that be a threat to blink anyway? Is there really a kind of person out there who would be like "oh, this AVA album got a perfect score, so I'm not going to support blink-182 ever again!"

• Like 1

>http://youtu.be/NrLC_A6UC8k Has anyone heard this version?

Yeah, I recall when I first found it like a year after they first broke up, I was so confused as to how I had ever missed it, but it never got much attention so I suspect that is why.

• Like 1

If you really wanna meet him, just do it. (ask something about the Blink situation lol)

Unless you're one of the few here that truly hates everything that's happened, no one will ask about blink nor would I expect a blink fan to in this situation. There's going to be 100 AVA fans right around you and Toms entourage, you'll just get shit on by everyone there. I wish someone would, but I understand it could be an incredibly hostile environment to do it and I wouldn't risk it myself.

• Like 1

Oh I betting the questions will be pre screened. Even die hard AVA fans don't really give enough shit about his bullshit novel to keep all the questions related to his book. All it takes is one person to say "Why did you get kicked out of Blink?"

Go if you want, but be prepared to be disappointed. Book signings are generally rushed mechanical affairs where you might not even get in "Hello". Doubtful they will allow pictures with him or chats. It's possible, but just prepared for the possibility that you are paying $150 for a split second of seeing him sign your book and thats it.

There seems like there is so little to ask Tom at this point, certainly nothing worth paying $150 just to ask.  Best question I can think that comes to mind is "Why weren't you focusing on blink yet finding time for so many other projects?"  But that's not even a question I have much interest in an answer in anymore anyway.

Yeah, its tempting but I most likely will not do it. I just don't have the money right now. 
I had a chance to meet him at a record store one time and got there late which sucked but it would have been free...hopefully there will be another opportunity like that someday. I am pretty frustrated with him because of the blink situation right now so the timing just feels off.