The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Im not gonna lie, its actually super tempting to do the VIP to the stars thing because meeting Tom is on my wishlist before I die.

For 150 though, and at a screwed up time like this is blink history...it feels off.

I went to the $120 AVA M&G and while I do think it was worth it, it wasn't really worth it in the actual 'meeting Tom Delonge' bit. It was cool that he signed a ton of my stuff (and even wrote 182 next to a blink picture, and this is pre-reunion mind you), but the only interaction you really have with the guy is real quick and short. You wouldn't get a detailed answer or anything like that.

With that being said, he was super rad the few times I did meet him and it seemed like he was genuinely interested in saying hello or at least not being a prick about it. I imagine at a To The Stars meet and greet, especially since it's a personal endeavor, he would be equally if not more nice to the fans that actually showed up and paid to see him.

Most people do free book signings to get people to buy your book.

Tom does $150 book signings because he knows no one will buy his book.

Yeah, whether its free or its $150, Tom knows he will basically get the same people to show up.So why not charge?

Any businessman worth his salt would be well aware of the demographics of his fans.

Tom knows he has a core group of obsessed weirdos who exhibit stalkish behavior towards him. So a $150 signing makes sense.

Hah, Tom posted this on his Instagram account:

tomfail_zpshwjsmxpt.jpg

I Immediately knew it was from a third season episode (Nisei) of The X-Files.

Here's a screecap I took:

xfilesfail_zps0z4sqgh1.jpg

They only changed the color balance/saturation.

Tom sure knows his stuff!

• Like 9