The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I think the Blinkumentary had something he didn't want us to see.

Probably a lack of chemistry, and lack of material of the three of them together aside from at any shows.

What really sucks isn't the lack of a release of the blinkumentary, it's the fact that they had pro shot and pro recorded concerts from every show at their first three tours after reuniting. We should try and start some sort of Twitter movement where we keep tweeting Handsome Ransom to release at least one of those better shows, I mean who wouldn't like that?

Then why the delay. Obviously those dudes aren't lazy. They filmed for months/years. Editing is a lot of work, but why on earth wouldn't they finish it? Blink's camp had to have a reason....Tom seems obviously the odd man out. So that's why I think he's not for it, but I could be very wrong...

Then why the delay. Obviously those dudes aren't lazy. They filmed for months/years. Editing is a lot of work, but why on earth wouldn't they finish it? Blink's camp had to have a reason....Tom seems obviously the odd man out. So that's why I think he's not for it, but I could be very wrong...

They did finish it, Mark or Tom confirmed that they felt by the time it was done it was no longer relevant so they shelved it (I think they also probably didn't like it)

The blinkumentary will never see the light of day. Especially if they move forward with Skiba. When did Tom last say he wanted to still release it? Must've missed it.

Awesome screen name. What was Dennis' name? Hugh Honey or something like that? Definitely ended in Honey.

They did finish it, Mark or Tom confirmed that they felt by the time it was done it was no longer relevant so they shelved it (I think they also probably didn't like it)

Even as a promotional tool, that's crazy to not release it because it's timely-ness is slightly off. Unless it's just boring, it would be like saying UC2 wasn't worth releasing because it came out a year after that album came out. Plus, I'm sure they financed it right?

• Like 1

Even as a promotional tool, that's crazy to not release it because it's timely-ness is slightly off. Unless it's just boring, it would be like saying UC2 wasn't worth releasing because it came out a year after that album came out. Plus, I'm sure they financed it right?

Don't know for sure, but it seems to me the deal was like this, blink don't finance it at all, but they take the blinkumentary crew with them on all their tours where they get to travel and go to all the concerts for free, hotels and travel were probably paid for as well. But the equipment and all that was all on the blinkumentary crew and they wouldn't receive any money until the film was done and people started buying the thing. Considering they got to go on 3 tours, one of which in Europe, that's a pretty sweet deal, I'd take it up in a heartbeat.

The blinkumentary will never see the light of day. Especially if they move forward with Skiba. When did Tom last say he wanted to still release it? Must've missed it.

He said that at the end of last year. November or December I think.

I think "it's not longer relevant" is a very lame excuse not to release it. Urethra Chronicles is no longer relevant but I still watch that.

I know when I saw them back in 09 when i won the meet and greet i did see a couple guys backstage with cameras and i was really pumped about the blinkumentary at the time hoping i could have been in it lol.   But that ship has ling since sailed.

Thing is I think a lot of big bands are constantly being filmed for possible future documentaries, and often the footage for those bands go unreleased, but the fans are unaware, because no announcement is made prior to the completion of those unreleased documentaries. And that was he problem here, the blinkumentary was being hyped long before all the footage was even shot. I do think it's worth noting hat it wasn't Mark, Tom, or Travis that preemptively brought attention to the film, it was Handsome Ransom and his crew who clearly jumped the gun.

Bingo. Had to be the reason. I can't see this film not coming out around 2011-12 not helping their recent release of Neighborhoods. Great momentum builder for that and would of been not too different than the UC coming out timeframe wise. Add videos, extras and it's a decent package.

To start I think the people who made it didn't know what the hell they were doing. When I saw them filming at the shows, they looked pretty disorganized. Blink had played some 20+ shows by then and during the break between bands they must have spent a good 20 minutes filming the crowd cheer. Um, like, you don't already have that footage? Thats weird.

They should have had enough footage after the first tour, but didn't they kept going out tour after tour to "get more footage" as they put it?

I am sure it did show lack of chemistry behind the scenes espcially during the recording process when Tom wasn't even there. I am guessing it wasn't very good, and given that Blink is more uptight these days, given that it was taking 3 years to make, given that it was not funded by the band, I am guessing all this led to it being scrapped.

The preview videos did look great and professionally done for sure and I always loved their videos for 155 and Wishing Well, so I do think that the film probably looked great. It's pretty clear its that they didn't get any good content of the three of them together. Think about it, why else would they need to go on 3 tours, unless it was to try and find as much quality footage of the three of the working together (outside of any shows), not to mention they probably thought they'd end up with some quality footage of them working on Neighborhoods, only to find in the two years they "worked" on it, they rarely got together to work as a full functioning band. I'm sure that if blink were like they were in 2003, the blunkumentary would have gotten done and released within a year of getting back together (as would have Neighborhoods).

To start I think the people who made it didn't know what the hell they were doing. When I saw them filming at the shows, they looked pretty disorganized. Blink had played some 20+ shows by then and during the break between bands they must have spent a good 20 minutes filming the crowd cheer. Um, like, you don't already have that footage? Thats weird.

They should have had enough footage after the first tour, but didn't they kept going out tour after tour to "get more footage" as they put it?

I am sure it did show lack of chemistry behind the scenes espcially during the recording process when Tom wasn't even there. I am guessing it wasn't very good, and given that Blink is more uptight these days, given that it was taking 3 years to make, given that it was not funded by the band, I am guessing all this led to it being scrapped.

Yeah they clearly should of had enough footage of that first tour. But at the same time Tom was a drunken fool through that whole thing not really sure i'd want to go back and listen/watch his slur in a "pro shot" form.

• Like 1

Awesome screen name. What was Dennis' name? Hugh Honey or something like that? Definitely ended in Honey.

Yeah it was Hugh Honey.

Even if the behind the scenes were a wash for the blinkumentary, I still don't see why they didn't just release a concert video. Especially because Tom has such a hard-on for quick, effortless cash-grabs. Pretty sure someone here suggested that before and I would still pay to see one of the concerts from 09 even though Tom was drunk.