Sign in to follow this  
Aria

The blink 182 general discussion topic

14 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

The Aquabats just released a new music vid (of an old song) with Travis Barker. Pretty cool and fucking weird haha

this is strangely enjoyable!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I think we as blink fans are tired of All The Small Things in general just because of how fucking overplayed it was and still is to this day. But every once in a while I hear it and think "the song fucking rules." All The Small Things kicks ass if you don't hear it all the time. I felt the same the first time I heard the blink play it with Matt. Cool covers!

Yeah definitely agree with this. It's a great song. I love it to death. It's in my head pretty much every day too even if I've not listened to it in months. But way too many people associate blink with just that song and only that song, which is what I feel is the problem with the song haha.

They have so much more to them than a one off track like that. It's annoying when people refer to them as a boy band simply because of that song. It's like have they not heard Dude Ranch? Have they not heard the acoustic songs like What Went Wrong? Or the weird heavier stuff like Violence or Stockholm Syndrome? Have they not heard Adam's Song? Adam's Song IMO merited them as more than just a pop punk band at the time.

I hope blink never stop playing that song live though. Yeah, we're all bored of them playing the hits but I feel there are 3-4 songs that blink need to play forever and they're All the Small Things, What's My Age Again, Dammit and I Miss You. Oh, throw Feeling This to make it 5 just because that song is great too. But outside of them 5 songs, I just don't think blink need to be performing their hits unless they're promoting new singles from new albums.

• Like 2

Agree with your post, but do people really still call them a boyband? Haha I remember that diss from like the Enema days but haven't heard it since.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2018 at 3:29 PM, Champ182 said:

Agree with your post, but do people really still call them a boyband? Haha I remember that diss from like the Enema days but haven't heard it since.

Not so much people my age or younger haha or even people slightly older. I've heard a lot of musicians that are older than 40 put down blink as some band that isn't "real rock" though because all they've heard is ATST haha. Still happens in my area amongst the musicians anyway.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 2:10 PM, Ghent said:

this is strangely enjoyable!

The chorus was pretty good. Do people actually still use powdered milk?

On 9/23/2018 at 12:25 PM, knapton said:

I know some people do when they go camping and hiking.

On 9/23/2018 at 11:25 AM, knapton said:

I was a proud powdered milker in college.

14 minutes ago, Dook said:

Happy 7th birthday to Neighborhoods

Listened to it last night for the first time in awhile. Still like it and loved hearing Tom's guitar again on Natives/Snake Charmer/UAN/etc., but wow I noticed some of the flaws so much more. Bass work is pretty much non-existent, most of Tom's verses are lyrically all over the place (even though I've always just liked the sound of his voice regardless of what jargon he is spewing out), some songs don't even sound like Tom/Mark both even laid down their own instruments (IIRC some they didn't). But most of all, I was surprised at just how bad pretty much every bridge was. It is an aspect that I am definitely glad Feldy pushed them on. (Mark admitted he hated writing bridges and Feldy kept telling them, "You gotta have a bridge.") I know this will trigger many of you, but the bridges from Parking Lot/Wildfire are 10x better than any of Neighborhood's IMHO!

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

Listened to it last night for the first time in awhile. Still like it and loved hearing Tom's guitar again on Natives/Snake Charmer/UAN/etc., but wow I noticed some of the flaws so much more. Bass work is pretty much non-existent, most of Tom's verses are lyrically all over the place (even though I've always just liked the sound of his voice regardless of what jargon he is spewing out), some songs don't even sound like Tom/Mark both even laid down their own instruments (IIRC some they didn't). But most of all, I was surprised at just how bad pretty much every bridge was. It is an aspect that I am definitely glad Feldy pushed them on. (Mark admitted he hated writing bridges and Feldy kept telling them, "You gotta have a bridge.") I know this will trigger many of you, but the bridges from Parking Lot/Wildfire are 10x better than any of Neighborhood's IMHO!

there are NO real bridges in Neighborhoods lol.  They just rang out some chords and had Travis play a drum beat before moving back into the final chorus.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

there are NO real bridges in Neighborhoods lol.  They just rang out some chords and had Travis play a drum beat before moving back into the final chorus.

That was especially true for DED. Some of those were frankensteined together so bad. If I remember right, Disaster's even goes for an extra measure in a way that does NOT sound intentional haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I'd rather that than

"WE WON THIS WARRRRRR, WE CURSED AND SWOREEEEEEE"

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I'd rather that than

"WE WON THIS WARRRRRR, WE CURSED AND SWOREEEEEEE"

“WERE THE FORGOTTEN SOLD-IERS YOU LEFT BEHIND”

• Like 1

I like the bridges in Kaleidoscope and Snake Charmer, personally. the drums especially in both.

• Like 1

Just now, Kay said:

I like the bridges in Kaleidoscope and Snake Charmer, personally. the drums especially in both.

Indeed. I always liked how Snake Charmer evolves. It's an interesting song.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Indeed. I always liked how Snake Charmer evolves. It's an interesting song.

Snake Charmer grew on me for sure.

5 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

That guitar kicking in on Snake Charmer is one of my favorite parts of NH. Major BCR vibes in that riff.

Never thought of it but I can kinda see it now that you pointed it out.

Yep, it has those details that make you think blink was pursuing something. As Kay said, the bridge is one of  those, and also the outro.