Aria

The blink 182 general discussion topic

5 hours ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

love me some neighborhoods blink

FFFUUCCKK I wish the guy on the right was still in the band. I would rather have one EP like DED every few years than the mountain of trash songs we get every year now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJansaid said:

They day a bunch of shit/reinvent stuff to troll ppl..

well, he told me himself. and he also repeated the same in interviews at the time (1997).

10 hours ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

love me some neighborhoods blink

i remember every last one of these interviews, because this was the first time i was a part of an album cycle as a fan. and i miss these times with tom, i really do. mark makes a comment here about wanting to continue to grow as an artist, and it breaks my heart a little. he came back to blink so ready to go, so excited to have his band back together, and to give it his all. he wrote some great songs on neighborhoods, but was having to drag tom along. it was disappointing to him, you could tell, and the next few years were really charisma killers for him. california seems like a reaction to that, trying to do what everyone liked, and trying to be relevant again. call it laziness, middle age malaise... i don't know. and now he seems more aloof in interviews, less forthcoming and less himself. it's legitimately kind of sad to me.

EDIT: and, adding on to this, the fans were excited too. we were behind it 100%, and the community seemed less divided. we knew neighborhoods wasn't their best, but we were supportive. it hurt to go through the years and years of nothingness and broken promises, but right now feels even worse. no one can agree, and the vast majority find cali disposable. it's disappointing

• Like 8

14 hours ago, boxelder said:

i remember every last one of these interviews, because this was the first time i was a part of an album cycle as a fan. and i miss these times with tom, i really do. mark makes a comment here about wanting to continue to grow as an artist, and it breaks my heart a little. he came back to blink so ready to go, so excited to have his band back together, and to give it his all. he wrote some great songs on neighborhoods, but was having to drag tom along. it was disappointing to him, you could tell, and the next few years were really charisma killers for him. california seems like a reaction to that, trying to do what everyone liked, and trying to be relevant again. call it laziness, middle age malaise... i don't know. and now he seems more aloof in interviews, less forthcoming and less himself. it's legitimately kind of sad to me.

EDIT: and, adding on to this, the fans were excited too. we were behind it 100%, and the community seemed less divided. we knew neighborhoods wasn't their best, but we were supportive. it hurt to go through the years and years of nothingness and broken promises, but right now feels even worse. no one can agree, and the vast majority find cali disposable. it's disappointing

....California is awesome! Fun, catchy pop-punk that the band needed to reboot itself. HUGE commercial success, #1 billboard, nominated for a grammy for the first time! Just an all around great pop-punk album.

/Calibots

• Like 1

Travis on KUWTK while Feldy and his crew of evil executives churn them out a big pop radio hit. Count me in

Never listened to this dude before, awful auto tune and repetitive but I actually kinda dig the beat/drums. Trav's newest release:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Regi. said:

Always thought this was a cool video

tom's rig looks so cool but the choices they made are absolutely dumb.

so they changed to combos because they loved the sound of them. in fact, they loved that combo sound so much that they chose to just detach the thing that is probably around 40% responsible for the combo sound: the speakers. because travis is sooo loud and they get too much bleed in the mics.

yeah, because other rock drummers don't hit the drums hard? get outta here! that video bugs the shit outta me.

also doug needs to lay down the bk.... he walks about 10 feet in that video and is constantly out of breath

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

Never listened to this dude before, awful auto tune and repetitive but I actually kinda dig the beat/drums. Trav's newest release:

What is happening? Is this really Travis? He's starting to sound like a Midi track.

Sounds like electronic drums to me, similar to the ones in the first verse of Los Angeles and parts of Bottom of the Ocean. I do think in the California songs, the drumming style makes it obvious that it's Travis. But the tones are completely different to everything blink has ever done when it comes to drums. They've all mentioned they usually use trigger programs for drums when it comes to recording other bands but that they never used it for Travis cause he's that good.

The autotune on that song is horrific though. Dunno why some vocalists like having it sound obvious. I find it annoying when I hear those bends from one note to another note. Distracting as fuck. Rather listen to raw & dry vocals that sound inconsistent than listen to obvious autotuned shit like that.

• Like 1