Why Was Ryan Fired

Why Was Ryan Fired

I heard he was kind of an asshole and got drunk all the time. And later he ended up selling a Tom DeLonge Signature Gibson on eBay (presumably one Tom had gifted him). He was kind of a weird dude anyway, not sure why they settled on him of all people.

9 hours ago, two said:

I heard he was kind of an asshole and got drunk all the time. And later he ended up selling a Tom DeLonge Signature Gibson on eBay (presumably one Tom had gifted him). He was kind of a weird dude anyway, not sure why they settled on him of all people.

Probably also didnt like the Tom is the Captain situation. 

• Like 1

I know the real story. Ryan said that the reasons were "hypocritical".

Ryan got caught in a four some with some fans by Jen. Jen went to Tom and was like "this is who you hire to be in your band?". Tom pretended to be outraged "OMG! So terrible, I am firing him now". But the truth was, Tom was also guilty of this stuff as well, in fact Ryan happened to be getting Tom's sloppy seconds that day.. Ryan obviously didn't say the exact reasons for his firing and why they were hypocritical because.....

#brocode

"I've gotten wind of a few of the rumors floating around the virtual life source, and I'll say that I would never leave a band because of a clash of ideas, or control. To me a band is a clash of ideas and control."

Ryan was on drugs, and Tom was too is my guess.

The story Tom always told was basically that Tom came up with all the ideas for the band, Ryan wanted to put his ideas in and Tom was like O Fuck This and kicked him to the curb. 

Atom left because at that time, the band was no longer what it once was. In the begining they were a real band, recording and touring and all that fun stuff. Once Blink got back together, AVA dropped off quite a bit. They basically barely ever toured and were kinda just like a studio band with all these "art projects". Atom wants to be in a real band and I think he left on peaceful terms. 

1 hour ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I know the real story. Ryan said that the reasons were "hypocritical".

Ryan got caught in a four some with some fans by Jen. Jen went to Tom and was like "this is who you hire to be in your band?". Tom pretended to be outraged "OMG! So terrible, I am firing him now". But the truth was, Tom was also guilty of this stuff as well, in fact Ryan happened to be getting Tom's sloppy seconds that day.. Ryan obviously didn't say the exact reasons for his firing and why they were hypocritical because.....

#brocode

Did you just make this all up on the spot or has it been cooking for awhile?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, knapton said:

Atom left because at that time, the band was no longer what it once was. In the begining they were a real band, recording and touring and all that fun stuff. Once Blink got back together, AVA dropped off quite a bit. They basically barely ever toured and were kinda just like a studio band with all these "art projects". Atom wants to be in a real band and I think he left on peaceful terms. 

Yeah I've always heard that Ryan leaving was basically Tom just kicking him out due to artistic differences, or just didn't like his look or whatever. He was fired.

This is 100% correct on Atom, like most normal musicians he needed to be active and have gigs to make money. No one could afford to sit around doing whatever dumb project Tom was dreaming up. He left on good terms and has said he would totally play with them again if the timing was right.

Ehh I doubt it. Would have to be *extremely* bored. The time to sound off on that would've been right after it happened when AVA was halfway relevant, and he handled it professionally IIRC. I'll ask him on IG, enough time has passed that he may not mind sharing.

Here is what was said by him at the time:

"I received a phone call the evening of April 19th that concluded my relationship with Angels And Airwaves. I could go into an entire novel about my opinions of the whole matter and why I was given the axe, but to me, throwing dirt just seems desperate and tabloidial.

All I'll say as to why I was kicked out, the reasons I was given weren't at all honest, and severely hypocritical to the point of abhorrent disgust."

The "hypocritical" part makes me think it may have been drug/alcohol related.

• Wow 1

I'm pretty sure he got paid to keep quiet after he was fired. Some kind of NDA.

I remember he made a website with a picture of his face with duct tape over it or something like that and said he couldn't talk about what happened, clearly implying it was shady af.

32 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I'm pretty sure he got paid to keep quiet after he was fired. Some kind of NDA.

I remember he made a website with a picture of his face with duct tape over it or something like that and said he couldn't talk about what happened, clearly implying it was shady af.

That was what I thought too.