Crimson Octopus Society

Alf

We're a local Chicago band and play at bars and occasionally festivals.

This is a recording from a few years ago (Think I was 15?) that we did rushed in a studio- AKA yes, it sounds pretty shitty.  I think our new stuff is much better but this is one of our first songs.

(I'm the dude singing lead and playing the guitar that's too quiet in the mix.)

It was a really fun experience, and the bass player has connections with this record company so they offered us a timeslot for free in the studio- I'm very grateful.

Enjoy... Maybe. ;)

https://soundcloud.com/user-389125584/martiangirlfriend

37 minutes ago, Alf said:

We're a local Chicago band and play at bars and occasionally festivals.

This is a recording from a few years ago (Think I was 15?) that we did rushed in a studio- AKA yes, it sounds pretty shitty.  I think our new stuff is much better but this is one of our first songs.

(I'm the dude singing lead and playing the guitar that's too quiet in the mix.)

It was a really fun experience, and the bass player has connections with this record company so they offered us a timeslot for free in the studio- I'm very grateful.

Enjoy... Maybe. ;)

https://soundcloud.com/user-389125584/martiangirlfriend

whenever someone posts his music and speaks so poor about it, trying to lower expectations, i wonder... why even post it if you're clearly not happy with the result? people tend to like your music about 10 times less then you  do yourself, so what do you really expect here?

If your new stuff is much better, post that. if you don't have it recorded, then go on and record it.

edit: i haven't listened yet but i will  after work, but you didn't really make me look forward to it with your description...

9 minutes ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

whenever someone posts his music and speaks so poor about it, trying to lower expectations, i wonder... why even post it if you're clearly not happy with the result? people tend to like your music about 10 times less then you  do yourself, so what do you really expect here?

If your new stuff is much better, post that. if you don't have it recorded, then go on and record it

Well I like the song but the recording quality isn't that great, and we aren't playing our best.  Just wanted to share it and see what you guys thought.  We haven't really recorded in a while so I don't have new stuff to share. :)

Sorry if you like it 10 times less than me!  No need to critique my wording, just listen and if you hate it fine, but I just wanted to share it my dude.

This forum is surprisingly kind of a drag man, can't we just talk music and shit?