Would you go see Blink 182 live?

High Value Man

Poll  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go see Blink 182 live?

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, Ghent said:

"die hard fans" that wouldn't drive 45 minutes and pay $40 to see them live.

I can practically taste the passion from here

The o2 arena where Blink play is a 15 minute tube journey from my flat, still wouldn't bother now.

By diehard I meant the old school fans, the ones that loved the band so much back in the day that they signed up to an internet forum dedicated to them.

Casual fans = those who go and don't even realise Tom Delonge isn't even in the band any more/those who know the hits and that's about it. 

• Like 2

I honestly think it's more of an age thing. A lot of older fans have grown out of blink, but haven't fully accepted that as the reason they are no longer interested. Mix that with the fact that the band itself is getting old and passed their prime over 15 years ago

It's shocking how popular and relevant they still are having lost Tom, operate in a dead genre, and are approaching their 50s.

• Like 1

the difference here is between being a fan of their musicianship now or not. you can be a die hard blink fan and not happy with the direction the band took these last years,you know?

if you blindly appreciate everything released with the blink 182 tag on, that's a different story.

if you call this a 10/10 live performance then congrats. might as well listen to mark jack-hammering concrete for 70 minutes and get blink182 life for life tattoed afterwards

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

the difference here is between being a fan of their musicianship now or not. you can be a die hard blink fan and not happy with the direction the band took these last years,you know?

if you blindly appreciate everything released with the blink 182 tag on, that's a different story.

if you call this a 10/10 live performance then congrats. might as well listen to mark jack-hammering concrete for 70 minutes and get blink182 life for life tattoed afterwards

It hasn't been stated enough, this is definitely the worst performance I've seen by a professional live band. That includes Whitney Houston high on crack. It includes Meatloaf having a heart attack mid song.

Its that bad.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

4 minutes ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

Crowd are loving it by the looks of things, can see why Ry-Bread needed to see this two nights running. 

• Haha 2

I've had numerous opportunities to see them live in my area and I always decided not to go. Even if I had free tickets I wouldn't go.

Saw them live with Matt when they first got together and it was a very average show. Travis was great but Mark, Matt and the crowd were a let down.

Look at this Blink show from 2013. I was at this show and it was all out insanity. The video doesn't even do it justice. I probably feared a bit for my safety most of the night. I am kind of shocked the walls didn't burst from the energy in that place.

It was pure crazy. I mean, people are singing so loud you can't even hear Mark.

Comparing it to the Vegas shows now is just really sad.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Look at this Blink show from 2013. I was at this show and it was all out insanity. The video doesn't even do it justice. I probably feared a bit for my safety most of the night. I am kind of shocked the walls didn't burst from the energy in that place.

It was pure crazy. I mean, people are singing so loud you can't even hear Mark.

Comparing it to the Vegas shows now is just really sad.

And here is part of your review of that show:

On 9/11/2013 at 9:35 AM, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Blink had good energy, correction Mark had good energy (I definitely think he fed off the crowds energy and kept saying we were a crazy audience). BUT my complaints about Blink's show stand. The setlist was stale. They just don't give the fans anything special. They ran threw the setlist at a quick pace and rarely spoke to the crowd. They didn't even mention that it was a charity show. I was 5 ft from Tom literally. Dude was in his own little world.The guy next to me tossed underware right at him and he didn't even flinch. Crowdsurfer grabbed his leg, got beatdown by security. No reaction from him. Didn't make eye contact with the audience at all despite how crazy it was. Tom had like a warzone in front of him and they might as well have just been green screened in.Literally a bomb could have gone off in the front row and he wouldn't have noticed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

Lmao i've seen the crowd move around more at the fucking opera than during that performance with Matt.

This is true but people don't move at concerts anymore in general. It's not just blink.

Matt is by far the worst showman to be a lead of a band in human existence though.  Talk about a stilt...who can't even cover songs as a professional musician.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

I have to laugh at all these Europeans who will spend 200 dollars every single weekend getting drunk and doing drugs but not spend the same or less to go to one concert every 5 years because "the set list is the same"

And even being high as fuck, we the Europeans wouldn't never stalk at Travis' kids instagram accounts.

Shocking, 11 people who hate current Blink and complain about them everyday wouldn't pay to see them live! Thankfully you guys are in the extreme minority. Of course you can pick any subject in the world and find comments on the Internet of people hating it.

According to many of you, Blink should be playing at retirement homes in front of 20 elders. Amazing that they seem to sell so many tickets and albums still???

13 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Crowd are loving it by the looks of things, can see why Ry-Bread needed to see this two nights running. 

Awesome shows, was sold out both nights! First night had a great mosh pit going. I will say Obvious was super random, don't think most people had really heard it.

• Like 3