Would you go see Blink 182 live?

High Value Man

Poll  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go see Blink 182 live?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

they're a successful (read: lucrative) tribute act, and a failed traditional (read: original) act.

Disagree with that part, many enjoy California - their new original* music (*unless you're trying to take this down the Feldy rabbit hole), and current act.  So I don't know how any aspect of current Blink could be considered a "failure", other than a vocal minority disliking the direction, hating Skiba, or hating Feldy. 

If it's within 45 minuets i'd go. Anything more i'd pass now days. They were scheduled to go to my town on this last tour they cancelled and i had tickets. It didn't really bother me it got cancelled though. It was more of a "Well blink is coming to my hometown for the first time i should go" type of thing. 

5 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

If it's within 45 minuets i'd go. Anything more i'd pass now days. They were scheduled to go to my town on this last tour they cancelled and i had tickets. It didn't really bother me it got cancelled though. It was more of a "Well blink is coming to my hometown for the first time i should go" type of thing. 

That was how i felt last time minus the coming to my town for the first time

3 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

You people cant stay on topic. You're not going to see blink 182 down the street from where you live because your setlist and performance standards are too high?! Give me a break..

In a sold out 20,000 capacity amphitheater, I spent $75 to be second row in the pit. Is that not worth the money? Just skip 1 night at the pub thats open 365 days a year and go to the blink show instead. Or maybe your wife won't let you?? 

So my wife (I don't even have a wife) has no issue with me spending my life in the pub but she won't let me go see blink-182 live once every 2-3 years? Struggling to find the rationale for that argument to be honest...another swing and a miss!

You paid $75 to be second row in the pit, is that meant to impress me or something? Weird brag.

I do find it quite weird you seem to be so offended that I wouldn't go see blink again in their current state. I saw them last year and it wasn't very good, why would I pay £50 to go see them basically do the exact same show again? 

34 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

So I don't know how any aspect of current Blink could be considered a "failure"

they are a trio. with one original member. i suppose this is how i meant it. i've been over this bumpy road before, but i think CA is an ok album. if it had been released as a sort of +44 v2.0 (as in, a new band with a new name) then it would totally, totally work for me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

So my wife (I don't even have a wife) has no issue with me spending my life in the pub but she won't let me go see blink-182 live once every 2-3 years? Struggling to find the rationale for that argument to be honest...another swing and a miss!

You paid $75 to be second row in the pit, is that meant to impress me or something? Weird brag.

I do find it quite weird you seem to be so offended that I wouldn't go see blink again in their current state. I saw them last year and it wasn't very good, why would I pay £50 to go see them basically do the exact same show again? 

What's more weird is that you used to try to bully me for using the word "weird" too often. See exhibits below.

You've now used the word 7 times in the last 2 days :)

On 12/12/2016 at 10:48 AM, ...Dan... said:

Is curious your new word for weird?

On 12/12/2016 at 11:40 AM, ...Dan... said:

You just overuseded it to fuck and it was essentially anyone who had a different opinion to you = weird.

Very curious!

On 10/19/2016 at 10:04 AM, ...Dan... said:

What's with everything being "weird" as well? you use that word nearly as much as Tombot. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I'm pretty sure you don't pay for rows in the pit! What a goof!

1 minute ago, ...Dan... said:

How long you been storing that up for? And keeping tabs on my posts? Pretty weird.

3-5 minute search, tops.

I remember because I found it so weird that you would harass me for using such a common word. Now you can't stop saying it.

9 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

'Bully' and now 'harass' 

When did you get so soft?

Key words were "try to". You'll have to come harder to land a blow.

The "weird" harassment was one of your weaker efforts actually. Maybe circle back to the geography/cultural insults? potential to strike a nerve there if you're mean enough

5 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Not a brag at all. The point is that the shows are extremely cheap for the amount of people there and I didn't have to show up 3 openers early to get a good spot. This isn't Drake or Taylor swift where you pay $300 for nosebleeds

How cheap does the show need to be for you people? 10 dollars??

Unless you have a photographic memory where you remembered the whole setlist and your thoughts on 20+ songs 

• Like 1

Only read page 1 so far but here’s my opinion.

Id be there in a heartbeat. Blink has been here once in the last 14 years. Fuck I saw em 5 times in 9 days even though they were here without travis when they were here last.

I’d gladly spend $50 to watch them play. Fuck I’d spend $50 to watch them play all the small things 20 times in a row. Atlesst is get to see my favourite band play live again.

• Like 7

Passed them up twice already, once at Lolla and then the "intimate" aftershow where they basically copied and pasted the setlist from hours earlier. Then at riotfest this year they canceled so I couldn't technically bail. Apparently they're headlining next year to compensate so if I attend that'll be the moment of truth.

For now I voted no.

5 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Not a brag at all. The point is that the shows are extremely cheap for the amount of people there and I didn't have to show up 3 openers early to get a good spot. This isn't Drake or Taylor swift where you pay $300 for nosebleeds

How cheap does the show need to be for you people? 10 dollars??

Unless you have a photographic memory where you remembered the whole setlist and your thoughts on 20+ songs 

Fuck me, this is hard work.

The price/distance to the show is irrelevant for me, as stated in my previous post - I saw them with Skiba last year and I didn't particularly enjoy it and I am also not a massive fan of California. The set list and show is barely changed from tour to tour so why would I want to see them again in their current state? money has nothing to do with it. 

If they release an awesome new album/something changes with the line up then I'd potentially reconsider of course and would happily pay decent money to see them, just like the other 6-7 times I have forked out to watch them play since 2003. I'd need to feel like I was getting something worth my time to do that though, as it stands I'd rather go to see another band or do something else with my time and money. 

• Like 2

Like Dan said, not the money for me.

The setlist is so stale and I've heard the songs so many times; its not exciting anymore. At what point do you get sick of them opening with Feeling This? They basically been doing that since 2004 (minus a little while during the reunion). The great thing about Blink use to be the banter and onstage antics; Matt is essentially a non entity in that department. He is a non entity in general. They might as well just dub his parts over a pre recorded track. Add to that, the shit crowd, full of people who are probably young enough to be my kids at this point. Drunk assholes. People who brag about how the are the best Blink fan because ya know, they saw them in 2009, wow, such a long time ago and all.

Going to a Blink show is more of a depressing thing at this point.

• Like 6