Would you go see Blink 182 live?

High Value Man

Poll  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go see Blink 182 live?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Swing and a miss knobhead! "Wahhhh I dont like the set list  They played Wmaa in the 2-7 spot again. ?? All the other bands I see play 20 different songs every show!"

WMAA: Something you should ask yourself everytime you are hitting on teens.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Swing and a miss knobhead! "Wahhhh I dont like the set list  They played Wmaa in the 2-7 spot again. ?? All the other bands I see play 20 different songs every show!"

You're really shit at this.

You clearly can't read as I've provided plenty of reasons why I wouldn't see blink in its current state (that a lot of people have agreed with) and you're also absolutely abysmal at comebacks.

Just give up - you've embarrassed yourself enough. 

10 hours ago, Cantankersaurus said:

That's weird, right?! I get a click track being piped in the ear pieces but there's nothing they play that needs a backing track. 

5 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

The light show, pyro, and graphics are all probably timed together with the backing tracks.

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Sounds like a David Guetta show.

This. They don't need all that stuff, just play it live and deliver a proper punk rock show ffs. 

5 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

The light show, pyro, and graphics are all probably timed together with the backing tracks.

no, they are tied to a click track. the backing tracks are also tied to said click track so it would be no problem to cut the backing tracks.

I don't mind the backing tracks if they're well mixed and match the sound of the live instruments. they also could add little improv sections here and there to keep shows fresh and interesting. but that would require the will to progress...

Love the way they sound here tbh. Ghost on the dancefloor without backingtracks? no way, josé

Queen use to have all these songs that was essentially like 15 people playing or more, and they did it live with essentially 3 people (sometimes Freddie played piano, sometimes not). It didn't sound the same. But Freddie's defense was, "If you want to hear the album, sit home and play it".

I like that mentality, you don't need those bullshit backing tracks.

• Like 3

yeah, i'd say the better the band, the less trickery they need.

i think chemistry between people plays a huge role as well.. it can be hate as well but there needs to be some tension to create excitement..

2004 blink  played super fast, zero backingtracks and alltough they didn't sing perfectly those performances have such angst and energy... i miss you sounds fuller in that version then nowadays with all the backingtracks.

there is no spark on stage anymore. they have a good time and it's a great job. but there's no passion

if skiba and mark had stage presence and skill like Mercury I don't think we would be complaining about their liveshows

• Like 1

The very reason I initially took interest in Blink 182 was that thier live show was more of an experience (banter, onstage antics etc) then it was about being perfect musically. It was presented as 3 guys who went onstage having fun, entertaining the crowd with humor and playing some songs. New Years Eve on TRL Tom's exact words were "I know I screwed that song up a little bit, but that was all me" (not some prerecorded shit).

That was what made them great.

Once they dropped the banter and the fun, added in the pre recorded shit, their show took a huge nose dive.

• Like 1

and you know what creates that spark and passion for your music?

budding your heads together and working your ass  of to create music that you love and can't wait to play to people because you're so proud of what you just created. working over lyrics for weeks until you get them perfect... trying out 15 different choruses until you get the best one. singing your lines for days until you get a killer take that doesn't need major processing.

that is stuff you'll be proud of and get your buzz going

but if your  hotshot producer tosses your whole record in the bin and instead gets his way of doing things..... 

edit: similiar problem with neighborhoods

• Like 1

Also, it wouldn't hurt to have a better guitar tone. Skiba and post-Tom Tom have shit for guitar tone and Mark's bass doesn't fit in the pocket it needs to because of it. As a result every one sounds independent instead of a tight cohesive band.

• Like 1

Tom's guitar sound got slated as it sounded weak, which is pretty fair.

Bit of a myth that Skiba has a good sound, when distortion is on it sounds like he's playing a Squier through a practise amp and his clean tone is fucking dreadful.

Marks bass has always sounded decent to me, but TOYPAJ was his best sound for me, loads of tone and sounded pretty beefy as well. 

8 minutes ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

in before ghent: " wow so now you're all guitar-techs as well? Did they hire all those fans to come to their shows? they got a grammy nomination. tom delonge is fat now"

Well, that's because Ghent's yet to learn bravado doesn't mask stupid as well as he thinks it does. He'll get there eventually but until then you're just going to get silly retorts like the ones you mentioned. Therein lies a lesson of our own to heed: ignore the rampaging child, they'll give it up eventually. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Tom's guitar sound got slated as it sounded weak, which is pretty fair.

Bit of a myth that Skiba has a good sound, when distortion is on it sounds like he's playing a Squier through a practise amp and his clean tone is fucking dreadful.

Marks bass has always sounded decent to me, but TOYPAJ was his best sound for me, loads of tone and sounded pretty beefy as well. 

Tom's is weak and tinny but I at least get what he's going for in his sound.

Skiba's set up sounds like he's playing a high school talent show. It's a muddied mess, which is weird since his AK3 tone is really good ... at least from what I remember when I saw them years back.

I actually like Mark's bass, always have, he's never strayed too far in any of his changes. Its a little thinner now but I think it's more of a side effect of the way it's fighting the guitars frequency than anything that Mark's actually changed.

Something is definitely off ... I'd get a new tech and sound engineer 'cause they may be professionals but they sure as shit aren't the right fit for this band.