Ramones Have Stupid Haircuts ... and other (musical) things that need to be said

Speedo

Hmmm.

People consider Red Hot Chili Peppers to be a good band, right? I think they're super overrated. Anthony Kiedis is easily one of the worst lyricists out there, and he's the weak link in the band (in the Frusciante lineup) in terms of talent.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nasa said:

Hmmm.

People consider Red Hot Chili Peppers to be a good band, right? I think they're super overrated. Anthony Kiedis is easily one of the worst lyricists out there, and he's the weak link in the band (in the Frusciante lineup) in terms of talent.

Damn that's cold, but I somewhat agree. I love RHCP when I'm in the mood for it but they get pretty stale after a while.  It's kind of formulatic.

• Like 1

Never understood the love for Foo Fighters. I like about 3 songs. They're one of the most boring rock bands I've ever heard IMO. Plus something seems really fake about Dave Grohl. Don't know what it is but I don't think he's this cool & nice guy like he's portrayed to be. Comes across as an asshole to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Never understood the love for Foo Fighters. I like about 3 songs. They're one of the most boring rock bands I've ever heard IMO. Plus something seems really fake about Dave Grohl. Don't know what it is but I don't think he's this cool & nice guy like he's portrayed to be. Comes across as an asshole to me.

First album is fantastic, second is pretty okay but after that its a whole lot of meh.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Disagree with this. Although Dave's act is getting old.

"I am just a humble working class guy who gets to play areans and have Paul McCartney join me onstage occasionally. Isn't this cool guys?"

Dave Grohl's act bothered me too for a while, but part of me believes they actually are all this really chill and laid back.

I like him, I just don't love him 

1 minute ago, thongrider said:

I don't get either love or hate for rhcp. I rarely offer them a thought. They are like the doors. Not good enough to enjoy, not bad enough to hate. 

Some ppl obsess over them though.  I think they're a solid band too but not as amazing as some hype them to be.

They actually aged really bad when I listen back.  Stadium Arcadiam was cool at the time but seems super cheesy now.