Ramones Have Stupid Haircuts ... and other (musical) things that need to be said

Speedo

RHCP just gel really well. The way the bass plays off the guitar is such a sophisticated way. But when they lost the guitar end of things when Frusciante left, they should have packed it in. The new guy is basically nonexistent on guitar. They lost what made them good.

Kiedis can write decent melodies, but his weird moves onstage and his "Ding ding dong dong ding ding dong dang ding dong ding" lyrics are corny and didn't age well.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Kay said:

Here's one I'll get slaughtered for - Nickelback are bad, but not as bad as people make them out to be.

I mean, you're right. Photograph and How you remind me are the two songs I've actually heard enough to the point I can't say it's not shit, but if I heard it on the radio in the car or something I wouldn't turn the channel or turn off the radio in general.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Back when this board was really active and had hundreds of posters, the majority of the pop-punk bands people loved were garbage. I'm talking the bands with the whiney girly sounding vocalist like Four Year Strong, Bayside, etc. 

Yeah, I never got that mediocre crap either.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kay said:

Here's one I'll get slaughtered for - Nickelback are bad, but not as bad as people make them out to be.

I think there are way worse bands (that people seem to love), but they are pretty terrible. I think some of their singles are fine though. I actually wish I could like them. 

9 hours ago, Kay said:

Agreed. They’re decent. If you came on the radio I’d be quite happy tbh 

14 hours ago, Nasa said:

London Calling sucks!

Get the fuck out of here 

I don't get the hate for Nickelback. I don't like them but they're not terrible like everyone makes them to be. I just believe it started off as some "cool" thing to hate on them then people just decided they hated Nickelback without actually forming their true opinions. Rather have them on the radio than whatever is on it these days.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:20 PM, Nasa said:

Hmmm.

People consider Red Hot Chili Peppers to be a good band, right? I think they're super overrated. Anthony Kiedis is easily one of the worst lyricists out there, and he's the weak link in the band (in the Frusciante lineup) in terms of talent.

RHCP is either the best worst band, or the worst good band.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...