I remastered their early demos

bradsonemanband

54 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Yes RIP best site ever. Ill have to check if I downloaded those. That's pretty cool it was you who uploaded them

same daveyjones. i'm actually the source of the first mp3s of all three tapes to appear on the internet at all. back in 2003 in 192k on a BT tracker called demonoid (again, rest in peace).

• Like 2

On 1/16/2019 at 9:52 AM, Ghost said:

Sorry, mate. Appreciate the  effort, but they sound disgracefully bad. Too much hiss accentuated by your tweaking. Too much middle range boost?

You came to this thread with this turd, not me. Everyone has said they sound good, but you.

So let's see what you've got champion.

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

You came to this thread with this turd, not me. Everyone has said they sound good, but you.

So let's see what you've got champion.

Go ahead Ghent. You only talk to me to mock the things I say without prove anything wrong. So, yeah, I'm generous and Im bringing you the chance to prove me wrong. Remeember: pick any case or thing I've said in the past about sound treatment, even this thread, but use actual and real facts to do it. I've spoken about boosting middle ranges and accentuating hiss -cutting bass to, if you like-, and how, to me, that sounds bad or, well, let's put it this way: "not that good". Now is your turn.

You have my support. Go and take advantage of this chance, champion!!!!

On 1/18/2019 at 11:35 PM, Ghent said:

You sound like Oliver right now.

Still not proving me wrong, mate. I'm generous. You have until 2050 to do it. If so, I'll take back what you prove.

On 1/18/2019 at 11:39 PM, Neal said:

Saying they sound disgracefully bad is a bit harsh isn't it @Ghost ? I dont believe you/anyone can make them sound much better then they are anyway. I don't see a point in remastering them but hey, some people enjoyed the effort and that is all that matters.

Yeah, you're right, and I admit that. And I talked to him via DM to apologize. Again, although I was harsh using that word, he reacted with much more elegance and class than anyone else, or those who were not adressed by my post but got offended as hell. And again: I appreciate his effort, but I still have the same opinion, which, to be fair, is just that, a personal and irrelevant opinion, as the thousands of opinions that we write in this boards. That's something some people here doesn't understand yet.

44 minutes ago, bradsonemanband said:

I'm going through Demo #2 and having another pass at remastering it. It's sounding a lot better than my original remaster! I've reduced the tape hiss quite a bit.

Round 2 of Demo #2:
https://remasteredblinkdemos.bandcamp.com/album/demo-2-remastered

Let me know what you think

Can you make Dude Ranch not sound like muddy, muffled dog shit? I'd appreciate that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

unpopular opinion (maybe) but The Mark Tom and Travis Show has better versions of Dude Ranch songs than Dude Ranch does.

Anyway, I need to check this out. I haven't listened to Flyswatter in 13 years probably.

I fiddled around with Dude Ranch and made it sound more crisp and less muddy. I also took off the silly bits at the end of some of the songs. PM me and I’ll send you a link.  

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2019 at 4:19 PM, bradsonemanband said:

Version 2.0 of the "remastered" Buddha Promo Tape

I got rid of most of the loud tape hiss, bumped up the low frequencies and overall volume, among a few other things.

the sources for these are all over the map. where did you get them? some of are worse quality than the source... i can only think they were messed with by someone to sound "older" or "rarer" than they are. a couple appear to be pitch-shifted as well. in the case where the source is available on CD (which is to say, lossless), just listen to that.

not trying to be a jerk... it's cool that you wanted to play around with the sound quality of the files you found. however there are loads of incorrect information (and false files) out on the internets and i'm just trying to provide some clarification so fans aren't misled.

only two tracks here are from the actual "buddha promo" — i have bolded them:

1.) Princess Leia (yes, early version, from kung fu buddha promo cassette)

2. The Girl Next Door (from the kung fu version of buddha) *available on CD

3. Strung Out (this is "enthused" from the dude ranch demo sessions recorded by warren fitzgerald of the vandals. released on the australian wasting time single, 1996) *available on CD

4. Ben Wah Balls (this is just the version from cheshire cat. no other version exists) *available on CD

5. Does My Breath Smell? (from the short bus 7") — lossless rip from the vinyl is your best bet

6. Voyeur  (yes, from kung fu buddha promo cassette — the actual track name is "Strung Out (Voyeur)")

7. Wasting Time (from the short bus 7") — lossless rip from the vinyl is your best bet

8. Don't (from the kung fu version of buddha) *available on CD

9. The Family Next Door (from the original buddha tape)

10. Transvestite (from the original buddha tape)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 1/26/2019 at 1:05 PM, bradsonemanband said:

I fiddled around with Dude Ranch and made it sound more crisp and less muddy. I also took off the silly bits at the end of some of the songs. PM me and I’ll send you a link.  

Need that