I remastered their early demos

bradsonemanband

https://remasteredblinkdemos.bandcamp.com/

I remastered Flyswatter, Demo #2, and the Buddha Promo tape last weekend.

I was sick of my ears bleeding every time I felt like putting on some old Blink demos. So I finally took the liberty of EQing and remastering them to make them more listenable. Obviously you can't polish a turd, but I hope I at least gave them a decent spit shine.

Enjoy!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Sorry, mate. Appreciate the  effort, but they sound disgracefully bad. Too much hiss accentuated by your tweaking. Too much middle range boost?

I appreciate the feedback. They definitely have room for improvement, I agree. And I may go back and fuck with them some more when I have a free night again. But compared to the versions that are already out there, they sound much better. At least in my opinion. Shrug.

• Like 1

I came in here expecting the worst, but you actually did manage to make something that was completely un-listenable better.

I say good job!

Ghost thinks he's some kind of audio engineer, so that's why he's being a huge dick. Ignore it

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ghent said:

I came in here expecting the worst, but you actually did manage to make something that was completely un-listenable better.

I say good job!

Ghost thinks he's some kind of audio engineer, so that's why he's being a huge dick. Ignore it

If I had to answer to this, I'd have to explain that answer to you. That's your understanding level right now. Too much California melted your brain.

Just now, Ghost said:

Not to me.

They're cheap analog recordings, one of which was done on a 4 track in a bedroom. They're about as cleaned up and clear as they're ever gonna be, you're being pedantic. Maybe you should just offer up a "good job" and stop being a dick.

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Maybe Ghost should remaster Flyswatter and prove that he can do better. Since he is an expert and all, it should be pretty simple. Hell, just do one song and we will compare.

This sounds like you were talking alone. Anyway, because of that, because those recordings are what they are, unless you have the master recordings, any effort at 'remaster' a shitty lossy file will be a void effort. Sound treatment 101 here. You're welcome. But you're not even aware of that, that's your level, champion.

2 minutes ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

They're cheap analog recordings, one of which was done on a 4 track in a bedroom. They're about as cleaned up and clear as they're ever gonna be, you're being pedantic. Maybe you should just offer up a "good job" and stop being a dick.

Exactly.

Boosting middle ranges, or trying to thin the lower tranges on this kind of recordings (remember, this comes from a shitty rip of an old cassette which, probably, was a reencoding from an original lossless rip-source) is as far as a remastering process as it gets. You know pretty well what I'm talking about, aren't you?

Anyways, I know he made it just for fun, and I'm not talking about his effort. I'm expressing I don't like it and why. If that's wrong with you, then fuck off.

Just now, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all. You came in, shit on it and acted like a dink-headed know it all. Yes, thats wrong to me.

Oh well... yeah. Sure. What are we now? Little kids who can't stand anything but nice words? Come on. You understood perfectly well what I said. Appreciate the effort, but don't like the results. If that blows your minds, then well... have a look at that.

In fact, @bradsonemanband has shown more class accepting my opinion than you both. And he's the author of this thread. So well... whatever.

6 minutes ago, Ghost said:

This sounds like you were talking alone. Anyway, because of that, because those recordings are what they are, unless you have the master recordings, any effort at 'remaster' a shitty lossy file will be a void effort. Sound treatment 101 here. You're welcome. But you're not even aware of that, that's your level, champion.

Then why did this guys work sound better than the original there, "champion?"

Let's see what you got. You're all talk. Show me your work.