Just got my new guitar.

Dean

K, so, my Dot came today. And it's awesome. Only one thing I need to ask though, on certain strings at a few different frets, when played there is a very raspy and shaky sound... not sure what else to call it. I'm sure it's just an easy fix. But I'm not sure what I need to do. Do the strings just need to be tightened and loosened a bit to sort of wear in? or do i need to raise or lower something? Sorry if the explanation isn't adequate.

Its called fret buzz and it wouldn't be a epiphone dot without it.

The solution could be tons of things but the most common and easy way to fix this is to raise your action, that is to raise your bridge so your strings also get raised, if you try this and its still not fixed i reccomend going to the shop so they can set it up.

Its called fret buzz and it wouldn't be a epiphone dot without it.

The solution could be tons of things but the most common and easy way to fix this is to raise your action, that is to raise your bridge so your strings also get raised, if you try this and its still not fixed i reccomend going to the shop so they can set it up.

Haha, yeah, buzz, that's the word I was looking for. Yeah, it's cool, I'll have a careful play around with it. I'm sure I'll manage to fix it up, but if not I'll get someone to take a look at it. Thanks.

Take it to the nearest shop, it probably has to be intonated.

I've done that. I can do that myself.

Sorry, that sounded blunt and rude. Thanks anyway :-)

EDIT: Just raised the bridge, and that fixed the buzz. It needed another intonation afterwards, but that only took a couple of minutes, so now its A-Ok. Thanks guys.

I'd buy a gibson if I had the money. Or if I was any good for that matter. For my first electric guitar, I think it was a great choice, I'm loving it. And yeah, I got it all fixed up, didn't even need to take it into a shop. Just needed to raise the action, then intonate it again. Easy peasy.

Oh, and pics, for the person who asked:

IMG003.JPG

IMG004.JPG

IMG006.JPG

IMG007.JPG

epiphones are such wastes of money.

im sorry but you don't have a clue what your talking about.ever played an epiphone elitist? if you haven't, then play one, you'll change your view completely

epiphones are such wastes of money.

im sorry but you don't have a clue what your talking about.ever played an epiphone elitist? if you haven't, then play one, you'll change your view completely

i have played one, and i dislike them. Physically they are to bulky. Soundwise, i was never able to get a fantastic sound out of them. it was like i was playing a jon mayer song really badly.

edit: and i like that satin red color. looks nice.

No.  FUCK YOUR SHIT. YOUR SHITS WEAK!!!