The NHL thread

Guest Mard

Ovechkin too often tries to do it all himself in pressure situations. Trying to take the puck end to end himself. Constantly trying to split the D and take the puck to the net when a simple dump would suffice. I'm not taking away form his ability, he is still a great player.

Would be a great injustice if Ovechkin never won the Cup.

Iginla is always a player that comes to my mind when I think of people who really deserves the cup. Outstanding person on and off the ice.

Way back in 1996 my cousin (who was 8 or 9 at the time) was sitting in the Saddledome cafeteria while his dad (a businessman) was running some sort of errand.  All the players came in after practice for lunch.  Iginla noticed him sitting alone and he sat with him instead of all his teammates, and they ate and chatted hockey and baseball until my uncle came to pick him up.  You don't see many 19 year old rookies pulling that sort of thing very often, but that's Jarome.

Would be a great injustice if Ovechkin never won the Cup.

Iginla is always a player that comes to my mind when I think of people who really deserves the cup. Outstanding person on and off the ice.

True, but I don't think he gets as much shit for not winning the Cup as Ovechkin does.

iginla did lead calgary to the cup in 2004 and felt they got a lil jobbed on that missed goal in game 6. i am a huge fan of iginla and is one of my favorite players along with gagne for being classy and a greta leader with skill all around in a hockey player

• 3 weeks later...