The NHL thread

Guest Mard

29 teams have seasons that result in "nothing" every year.

The Capitals have a great foundation to build off of for next year. That's the great thing about sports. There's always next year...

I'm a fucking NY Jets fan...I've been saying that line my whole life just to be violently let down every season. But I keep coming back lol

Well we haven't won since '94...and before that it was like 70 years or something lol their time will come. They really do have a good team. They had me worried.

Definitely disappointing, but congratulations Rangers.  That was an excellent series, a lot of good hockey played.

As far as the team for next year goes, its definitely not worth it to nuke the team.  Once they bought into Hunters system, they were a Stanley Cup competitor.  I was disappointed in the season, but I'm proud of the playoffs. 

We do have some UFAs that we should let walk (namely Wideman and Vokoun).  Definitely resign Semin, especially since it doesn't look as if Kuznetsov is coming over.  Resign Aucoin, he proved to be an excellent two way player during the playoffs.  I love Halpern, native DC guy, and would also like to see him back.  Knuble, if he doesn't retire I'd say give him a contract too.

Then all the RFAs I'd say resign. Perrault, even though he didn't play in the playoffs, impressed me this season, he stepped his game up.  Beagle really impressed me during the playoffs.  Carlson had a sophomore slump of a season, but brought his A-game back during the playoffs.  Then if we let Wideman walk, definitely resign Green, even if it does seem like he's lost a step since his injuries.

Of course these are all under the assumption we can negotiate good contracts.  Not resigning Wideman and Vokoun would free up nearly $5.5 million in cap space.

Then in the offseason please sign a legit 2 center, that's what we really needed at the trade deadline, and still do.

when i say resulting to nothing..i mean stanley cups. how many of those do the caps have under their belts?

Eh, they've only been given half a season to learn a brand new system. Gonna take a bit of adjusting under the new coach, once Ovie and the rest of the Euro's get under the belt of defensive minded hockey rather than run and gun the Caps are going to be amazing. Was just too bad to see bad habits and individual plays get the best of the them in this game.

The goal that was waved off while the Rangers were shorthanded should've counted.

Jersey-NY series is going to be epic.

So pumped dude. I can't wait.

The goal that was waved off while the Rangers were shorthanded should've counted.

Jersey-NY series is going to be epic.

So pumped dude. I can't wait.

Nah, Boyle's skate what the first in contact with the pad - he was the principle driver of Holtby going into the net - ref made the right call on the ice.

rangers-devils is going to be awesome, i called it before the second round started. gonna be great seeing two teams i grew up watching in the eastern conference finals. gonna be a great series.

also, props to holtby for stepping up big time for the caps. went to a hershey bears game while he was in the minors but he was on the bench that night. looks like caps may have their goaltender with neuvirth as backup.

I love the New York fucking Rangers.

Their defense was so solid tonight. Lundqvist showed up Brodeur. When Girardi hit the back of the net from the blue line (puck completely untouched) I was like :-o