The NHL thread

Guest Mard

Im shocked and kind of disappointed Washington got past Pittsburgh lol. But in sports, eventually every dog has his day. Ovechkin finally got past the 2nd rd and Crosby. Lets see how far he can go. I will be rooting for him especially if they play Vegas. Its not fair to win a Cup in your first year!! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MSandt said:

This seems on paper the most interesting final since 2012. Really sucks I cannot watch this series live because of work.

Are you being sarcastic? 2012 was awful. Everyone knew LA was going to beat NJ and LA played the trap, resulting in boring, low scoring games. That was an incredibly boring final. 

This one is definitely interesting though. I have a gut feeling Vegas wins, but I really want Washington to take it. 

1 hour ago, Kvothe said:

Are you being sarcastic? 2012 was awful. Everyone knew LA was going to beat NJ and LA played the trap, resulting in boring, low scoring games. That was an incredibly boring final. 

True, but it was more about the euphoria of seeing the Kings win at home.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, and it was a great game too! I was able to watch it only about 20 hours after the fact, but I managed to keep myself from spoilers until that. Not ashamed to admit I teared up a bit watching Ovie lift the cup (such a surreal sight too!); I was pacing around the room with my hands lifted as if I was skating with the cup. And how awesome that DSP turned into such a clutch in the finals; wouldn't have expected to see him in such a role one day when he was still a rookie playing for the Ducks. So many guys to be happy for (Oshie, Trotz, Backström..).

28 minutes ago, MSandt said:

Oh no, you didn't just use the word "ethan" in a pejorative sense to refer to a person capable of expressing his emotions? If you were a famous person your career would now be over.

Lol @ you being incredibly racist regarding the Roseanne tweet and then taking offence to a ethan meme. 

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, knapton said:

Damn i was gonna go to the canucks game tonight but thought theyd be trash so i didnt bother. Wish i wouldve. 

Yeah, you done fucked up.

I have a new rule - I'm not getting my hopes up until February. That's usually when you can tell if a team is going to hack it to the playoffs or not. The Canucks went 4-0 last season to start the year and ended up a bottom feeder.

A lot of players stood out last night, though. Pettersson, Motte, Goldobin, Tanev, and Markstrom all had great games. 

1 hour ago, Kvothe said:

Yeah, you done fucked up.

I have a new rule - I'm not getting my hopes up until February. That's usually when you can tell if a team is going to hack it to the playoffs or not. The Canucks went 4-0 last season to start the year and ended up a bottom feeder.

A lot of players stood out last night, though. Pettersson, Motte, Goldobin, Tanev, and Markstrom all had great games. 

Ya thats a good call. Think it was december when the canucks started their skid last year. Im expecting them to suck this year but that it will hopefully be enetertaining. 

Boeser looked suprising bad last night. He saved that one goal but that line was -2 and he looked timid all night. I hope its just a bit of rust from losing training time this summer. 

Goldy looks good with Petterson though. Im hoping he sparks Loui too which would be a nice suprise. 

Gubranson is so fucking terrible. Cant stand when hes on the ice. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2018 at 4:36 PM, MSandt said:

The Oilers are so, so bad. I swear they played for about 15 minutes in the second period without getting a single shot on goal. Poor McDavid has to spend the rest of his career with this dumpster fire of a team.

The Oilers are a pathetic franchise. Draft superstars every year and never get better. Peter Chiarelli is a complete idiot too. So glad he's out of Boston. The man makes some of the most idiotic trades and signings Ive ever seen