The NHL thread

Guest Mard

9 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Pettersson is unreal. First elite talent we have had since the Sedins, but the most entertaining player since Bure. Found it hilarious that he used the Sedin special the other night

https://www.facebook.com/Canucks/videos/518531698557147/?t=0

was at that game.  Probably one of the best ive ever been too outside of mayboe the odd playoff game back in the day

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/13/2019 at 4:59 AM, MSandt said:

Love how scoring is up this season (and last). A whole bunch of players will hit 80 points soon; a few years back Benn won the Art Ross with just 87 points.

wE SHouLd iNcReaSe tHe NeT siZeS aNd rEdUcE gOAliE eQuiPmENt

1otk96.jpg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mau5 said:

wE SHouLd iNcReaSe tHe NeT siZeS aNd rEdUcE gOAliE eQuiPmENt

1otk96.jpg

Lol yeah those were always dumb suggestions.

I think they reduced goalie equipment a little bit this year, though. I remember hearing something about how smaller goalies couldn't wear bigger chest protectors that didn't actually fit them, and some goalies complaining that it was difficult to adapt. 

• 2 months later...

Beyond brutal. It was even worse today after IIHF released their lame-ass "reasoning". There's no way that contact was anything but incidental. If anything, the US goalie instigated the collision (hence the penalty).

Half the nation was watching the game too (it was election night). Had it been a fair loss the silver could even have been something worth celebrating. But now it's just:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSandt said:

Beyond brutal. It was even worse today after IIHF released their lame-ass "reasoning". There's no way that contact was anything but incidental. If anything, the US goalie instigated the collision (hence the penalty).

Half the nation was watching the game too (it was election night). Had it been a fair loss the silver could even have been something worth celebrating. But now it's just:

What exactly are we talking about here

9 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Probably some international tournament that people only care about when their team doesn't make the playoffs.

Incorrect. We were talking about the women's tournament, which the people of Finland only started to really care about after a bad call got them into the gold medal game and then got mad when a bad call lost them the gold medal.

• Haha 2

The biggest and most popular sports reporter here, who covered the Canucks, randomly died today at the age of 48. It legit has bummed me out so much. He had a great podcast he did with another reporter here and he wrote for the athletic. His piece he did after every game was so great and I always couldnt wait to read it after a game and couldnt wait for the podcast to come out. He was the guy who said what the fanbase was thinking and was basically like one of us. If you get a chance, try to check out some of Jason Botchford's writing. Theres been a massive outpouring of support all around the NHL, even Tortarella mentioned it in his press conference today. Canucks games just wont be the same anymore. 

• 1 month later...

I know getting suspended for game 7 is nearly impossible, but if Marchand had pulled what Bortuzzo did in game 6, he'd be fucking blasted and possibly suspended. Dude is a rat, but he doesn't need to depend on being a rat to play better hockey than most of the league.

Don't really care for the Bruins, but I don't like to see a Finnish goalie getting scored on. Still, the Blues is one of those long-suffering franchises I want to see win the cup in my lifetime. Just wish I felt more strongly about this game either way.