The NHL thread

Guest Mard

Guest Tommy D

My Canucks are playing pretty awesome lately.

The Pettinger - Cooke trade is looking great for both teams, as they are both producing a lot more points now.

I can't wait until the playoffs start! I remember it got pretty heated here last year  :lol:

ive never been a huge canucks fan, i just think the team has always been mediocre except for naslund (and now luongo).

the calgary minnesota game was really good too, im not sure who ended up winning though. western conference hockey is so much more exciting to watch, i wish i lived in the west so i could watch it more.

Guest Tommy D

ive never been a huge canucks fan, i just think the team has always been mediocre except for naslund (and now luongo).

Back when Bertuzzi and Naslund were at their prime, we were one of the most exciting teams to watch.

If Cloutier wasn't so terrible, we probably would of been a contender for the Stanley Cup (we were up 2-0 against Detroit in the playoffs and Cloutier shit the bed and they ended up winning the cup).

Anyways, now the team isn't the most exciting, but at least we are a consistent playoff team.

i think it can, playoff are usually tighter games anyway. i think they can play hard and well as a team too. it seems lately that teams with good goalies are making it, i.e edmonton, calgary a few years back. neither team was that stellar and they still managed to make it to the cup somehow.

still i think youre right that vancouver probably wont do too well in the playoffs this year, theyll probably be out in the second round, but i still think luongo has the potential to take them far even if theyre outmatched. when they lose it will probably be in six or seven

Guest Tommy D

We definitely need to catch a break to win the cup.

Back with Naslund and Bert, we were a huge contender for the cup, though.

I think we have a small chance this year, I won't be surprised if we make the 2nd or 3rd round.  Hopefully higher.

Guest Tommy D

We definitely need to catch a break to win the cup.

Back with Naslund and Bert, we were a huge contender for the cup, though.

once again, i disagree haha. you had the scoring then, but you had no defense or goaltending. you need some semblance of the perfect storm of scoring/defense/goaltending to win the cup.

i'm not saying that just because it's the canucks. i just don't think they have the personnel.

Defense, thats arguable.

Goaltending, no doubt Cloutier was awful.

But when we lost to Calgary in game 7 over-time, and they ended up going to game 7 of the Stanley Cup round, how can you say we weren't a contender?  Had we beat Calgary in that game, we could of been playing for the Cup...

Same goes for Detroit, who ended up winning the Cup.

Guest Tommy D

Its cause he loved Patrick Roy.  And Burnaby Joe is on the team, who can blame him?

Their probably my favourite American team, but I don't understand how he can support Dallas/Minnesota...

Anyways, if the Canucks have a fluke, we could potentially win the cup.  I remember last year at this time we went 9-1-1, I think.  If we did that in the playoffs, it would be pretty awesome.

Guest Tommy D

Turco's great, but he always seemed like a dirty goal tender to me (ie. slashing players, coming out of the net and even hitting players, etc.)

btw - Scott, did you see Patrick Roy's son fight during a huge scrap against another goal tender?  Roy encouraged his son to fight, and the other goal tender didn't want to participate. Check it out:

>http://youtube.com/watch?v=HlaDJoD2-Qc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HlaDJoD2-Qc