The NHL thread

Guest Mard

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What a game by the Leafs last night. First they lose their goalie, then score an own goal. Trailing the game by one, Kapanen scores his first NHL goal to tie the game with only a few minutes left on the clock, McElhinney makes what could be a season-saving save, the Leafs rally and Matthews seals the deal, taking his team to the playoffs.

So excited for the playoffs to start. Even though my team isn't in it, it's still the most exciting and highest level of hockey there is. 

I'll be rooting for San Jose for many reasons, but mainly because we get a 1st round pick if they win the Cup because of the Hansen trade.

I'm also really excited for the off season. The expansion draft should be entertaining to watch, and I'm sure plenty of trades go down before it so teams can put themselves in a position to protect the right players. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2017 at 8:05 AM, Elisa said:

Haha did that really happen last night? Up 3-0 and lose? Brutal. 

Haha i stopped watching after the 2nd and then was shocked when i saw the ducks won 4-3 the next day. 3 6-on-5 goals!!!

Today was another good hockey day. 2 game 7s gotta love it. Caps lose in 2nd rd as usual..... Ducks vs Penguins would be awesome. I havent been able to watch a Nashville game yet but I know theyre kicking ass so either way I dont wanna see Ottawa.