Jump to content
 
Guest Mard

The NHL thread

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Pettersson is unreal. First elite talent we have had since the Sedins, but the most entertaining player since Bure. Found it hilarious that he used the Sedin special the other night

https://www.facebook.com/Canucks/videos/518531698557147/?t=0

was at that game.  Probably one of the best ive ever been too outside of mayboe the odd playoff game back in the day

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love how scoring is up this season (and last). A whole bunch of players will hit 80 points soon; a few years back Benn won the Art Ross with just 87 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2019 at 4:59 AM, MSandt said:

Love how scoring is up this season (and last). A whole bunch of players will hit 80 points soon; a few years back Benn won the Art Ross with just 87 points.

wE SHouLd iNcReaSe tHe NeT siZeS aNd rEdUcE gOAliE eQuiPmENt

1otk96.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mau5 said:

wE SHouLd iNcReaSe tHe NeT siZeS aNd rEdUcE gOAliE eQuiPmENt

1otk96.jpg

Lol yeah those were always dumb suggestions.

I think they reduced goalie equipment a little bit this year, though. I remember hearing something about how smaller goalies couldn't wear bigger chest protectors that didn't actually fit them, and some goalies complaining that it was difficult to adapt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hah you're right they did; that was poor grammar. I meant the criticism to be in tandem rather than separate. Reducing the goaltenders gear has been enough clearly, though in my opinion too much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beyond brutal. It was even worse today after IIHF released their lame-ass "reasoning". There's no way that contact was anything but incidental. If anything, the US goalie instigated the collision (hence the penalty).

Half the nation was watching the game too (it was election night). Had it been a fair loss the silver could even have been something worth celebrating. But now it's just:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MSandt said:

Beyond brutal. It was even worse today after IIHF released their lame-ass "reasoning". There's no way that contact was anything but incidental. If anything, the US goalie instigated the collision (hence the penalty).

Half the nation was watching the game too (it was election night). Had it been a fair loss the silver could even have been something worth celebrating. But now it's just:

 

What exactly are we talking about here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Probably some international tournament that people only care about when their team doesn't make the playoffs.

Like us the past 4 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Probably some international tournament that people only care about when their team doesn't make the playoffs.

Incorrect. We were talking about the women's tournament, which the people of Finland only started to really care about after a bad call got them into the gold medal game and then got mad when a bad call lost them the gold medal.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess she felt she really needed to take her time after she spent 6.5 minutes deciding if she should allow Canada's goal in the semifinal and still got it wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...