Guest Mard

The NHL thread

Don't really care for the Bruins, but I don't like to see a Finnish goalie getting scored on. Still, the Blues is one of those long-suffering franchises I want to see win the cup in my lifetime. Just wish I felt more strongly about this game either way.

Blowing a game 6 at home in 2013 and now a game 7. I'm not a die hard fan as I was years ago but I still love the Bruins and it's hard to watch them get crushed at home. But I saw it coming, they played well in the first period and then deflated. The whole Cup final was eerily similar to 2011, just a role reversal in the teams.

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

Blowing a game 6 at home in 2013 and now a game 7. I'm not a die hard fan as I was years ago but I still love the Bruins and it's hard to watch them get crushed at home. But I saw it coming, they played well in the first period and then deflated. The whole Cup final was eerily similar to 2011, just a role reversal in the teams.

Ya it was pretty similar to the Vancouver final. Losing at home in game 7, running into a crazy hot goalie. 

The pic of Marchand crying is going viral in Vancouver and I love it so much

• Haha 1

For real though, it sucks losing when your that close. Reading that thread, I can only imagine what this city (Vancouver) would be like if we won a cup. 

I was a fan back in the 2011 run, but im a much bigger fan now. Looking back at our run is so hard now when you look at how good a team we had. The best two players in the league in the Sedins, Burrows was amazing, Kesler was at his peak and possibly the best number 2 center in the game, one of the best goalies in the league, a solid defence and a great group of supporting players. We were the best team and it shoulda been ours but sadly it didnt work out that way. Flash forward to now and we have 4 players worth keeping and litterally everyone else on the whole team is replaceable and our GM is an idiot and the owner is too involved. 

I hope those Blues fans enjoy it because if 2011 taught me anything, its that things change real fast in this league

21 hours ago, knapton said:

For real though, it sucks losing when your that close. Reading that thread, I can only imagine what this city (Vancouver) would be like if we won a cup. 

I was a fan back in the 2011 run, but im a much bigger fan now. Looking back at our run is so hard now when you look at how good a team we had. The best two players in the league in the Sedins, Burrows was amazing, Kesler was at his peak and possibly the best number 2 center in the game, one of the best goalies in the league, a solid defence and a great group of supporting players. We were the best team and it shoulda been ours but sadly it didnt work out that way. Flash forward to now and we have 4 players worth keeping and litterally everyone else on the whole team is replaceable and our GM is an idiot and the owner is too involved. 

I hope those Blues fans enjoy it because if 2011 taught me anything, its that things change real fast in this league

We lost the Cup because of injuries for sure. Hamhuis was the final straw, but Raymond (25 goal scorer), Malhotra losing an eye basically, Salo’s balls, Kesler’s torn groin requiring surgery, Ehrhoff’s shoulder, Samuelsson, Henrik Sedin, Edler with a broken thumb, etc. are the reasons Vancouver lost in 2011.

Aquilini is an idiot for firing Gillis (our best GM ever) and refusing to rebuild in 2013.

• Like 1