The NHL thread

Guest Mard

22 hours ago, Tom Bot said:

When I didn't have cable in the past, I used https://www.reddit.com/r/NHLStreams/ - but they closed down recently. 

I signed up for cable just to watch hockey. 

I forgot to respond to this, I'm sorry.

There are a couple of sports I've really been wanting to get into, hockey being the main one. I don't think I'll ever go back to cable again so I've been looking around for a good way to watch games but there doesn't really seem to be a viable option here. I read some shit about the NHL being super fucking shady about airing games and blacking out local games for viewers. As much as I would love to catch the games but I think I'm pretty much shit out of luck. $25 bucks a month for nhl tv is pretty steep for a sport I barely know and can't even catch the Dallas games on.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Damn what a game, America played tight and rock solid. The 2nd goal was a bit of an unlucky bounce for Canada, but since they couldn't score any goals, it doesn't really matter I guess. Kind of happy to see the US win gold, their roster was stacked and they deserved it. I usually just root for the team with Canucks' prospects (Russia and Sweden this year) so I didn't really have too much invested in this matchup. 

5 hours ago, Tom Bot said:

Damn what a game, America played tight and rock solid. The 2nd goal was a bit of an unlucky bounce for Canada, but since they couldn't score any goals, it doesn't really matter I guess. Kind of happy to see the US win gold, their roster was stacked and they deserved it. I usually just root for the team with Canucks' prospects (Russia and Sweden this year) so I didn't really have too much invested in this matchup. 

I felt for those Canada kids, they were absolutely devastated, but I was very psyched with the results. I think they genuinely got outplayed, which is nice to watch, although everyone lost significant steam throughout. They went a little too hard right out of the gate IMO.

• 5 months later...
On 4/21/2014 at 10:03 PM, Cum said:

How is it a conspiracy theory when there are proven incidents? I said the NHL wants to grow smaller markets, so using certain games/refs supports that (it's not cherry picking). I hope Montreal gets to the finals and they're up against a team that hasn't won a cup, then watch the officiating be garbage for Montreal. 

I called it, and we’re not even at the finals yet. The officiating has been insanely lopsided in favour of Vegas, with them getting about double the power plays as Montreal and yet Montreal playing a more clean game. It’s not just me noticing this, look at how many neutral fans on HF Boards are saying the same.

Lol reading through the previous pages and seeing @MSandt vehemently defend Boudreau as a coach (no longer in the NHL) and calling me a conspiracy theorist for suggesting refs are biased with game management, and then this happened: