The NHL thread

Guest Mard

Andreas Lilja is a piece of shit on the Red Wings. I still don't know what Babs and Ken see in him...

for real he's garbage, he cost us the playoffs in 06. trade him for a pick and get some cap space. then call up ericsson. i think babcock is great except for the fact that he likes lilja and how he doesnt mix up his lines as much as he should. like putting maltby on the pp line or just mix shit up like how scotty did back in the day

Guest Tommy D

Canucks are ripping it up so far, with the exception of the Caps game.

We've improved our offense so much, and gained alot more speed and toughness.

The Kesler, Burrows, and Hansen line is looking incredible.  Rypien, Hordichuck, O'Brian, Ohlund, Bernier, and Mitchell are also playing way more physical. 

Fuck, its been a while since the Canucks have been this exciting to watch  :-D

yeah, against the flyers. >:(

our defense has sucked, goalies have sucked, and overall, we just suck. we need to stop commiting stupid penalites and costing ourselves the games. we've given up 3 or more goals every game so far and the four teams we've played, theyve dominated us in the reg. season in years' past.

we need to wake up and win a game. maybe after a win can we get the motivation for the up and coming games just like last year when we beat the sabres in the shootout snapping that 11 game winless streak.

Guest Tommy D

Fuckin eh, the Canucks are dominating the west teams right now.

Anyone here in a hockey pool?  Check mine out:

C - Sidney Crosby

C - Ryan Getzlaf

C - Mike Rebeiro

LW - Rick Nash

LW - Markus Naslund

LW - Alex Burrows

RW - Daniel Alfredsson

RW - Corey Perry

RW - Shane Doan

D - Chris Pronger

D - Jay Bouwmeester

D - Tomas Kaberle

D - Kevin Bieksa

Utilitiy - Keith Tkachuk

Utility - Teemu Selanne

Benched - Milan Michalek

Goalie - Jean-Sebastien Giguere

Goalie - Chris Osgood

Benched - Cam Ward

I got sooo many points last night  :-D

fuck man last nights game was shit, Red Wings vs. Blackhawks. 6-5? Damn Wings need to do something about their defense or it's going to be a long season. Oh well, thanks Hossa for the shoot out win  :-)

its the wings, theyll be fine

good to see flyers win two in a row, especially against the devils. seem to be adjusting now.

good to see flyers win two in a row, especially against the devils. seem to be adjusting now.

And yesterday's game was good play by the Flyers, dominating practically the whole time, just couldn't always get past Brodeur.

Maybe they're at their best when they've been sucking for the past few games, like watching them climb their way up to the conference finals last year after going through some hard times and barely making it to the playoffs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

BUMPAGE!

So, to do a brief summary of events that have occured in the NHL lately:

Mats Sundin signs with the Vancouver Canucks and will most likely play this Wednesday or Friday.

Marian Gaborik re-injures groin and will be out 8-12 weeks (I wouldn't be surprised if hes gone for the season and doesn't play another game with the Wild).

Penguins have started to struggle and are 9th place in their division.

Joe Sakic gets his fingers owned with his snow blower after having a back injury and root canal.  Sucks to be you, Joe.

Alexander Semin fights like a little girl.

The San Jose Sharks, Detroit Red Wings, and Boston Bruins continue to kick ass and take names.

the all star starting lineup is a joke. how is ovechkin and carter not starting? those 4 canadiens dont belong there. and theres no way that a bruin cant be a starter. as for the west, how is there not a red wing or a shark?

screw the fan voting, put the coaches and players votes in there.

Yeah the all star line up is pretty terrible.  It boggles my mind how Giguere is starting for the West instead of Luongo, Nabokov, etc.  and he isn't even a starting goaltender for Anaheim because Hiller is doing so well. 

Scott, I don't think the Av's were really expected to do that well this year regardless of injuries.  I agree that its unfortunate for Stastny, but I don't think it was surprising to see Sakic injured for such a longt time.  I wouldn't be surprised if he is done for the season, back injuries are one of the worst injuries you can get in the NHL.

And I'm incredibly excited to see Sundin play tomorrow!

what do ya know, the canucks actually showed up to play the sharks this time. ;)

however: wolski!!!

Haha, they kind of blew it with the Sharks yet again.  I have a feeling the only chance we have against them is when we have Luongo back between the pipes and having Salo back on the point wouldn't hurt, either.  My favourite team other than the Canucks are the Sharks so I enjoyed the game regardless of whatever team won.  The Sharks' goals weren't very nice, though.  2 of them were off skates...

Wolski played damn good last night, its about time the Avs generate some offense.  Not to rain on your parade, but the Pens have been pretty terrible lately.