What Are You Listening To Right Now Pt. 2

corey

1 minute ago, Wimpy Rutherford said:

The Caper never disappoints!

who's got a smoke for the caper?

sidenote: got a chance to hang with him when he played acoustic with tony sly at a bar in SF several years back. dude is the real deal. same goes for tony. RIP.

1 minute ago, daveyjones said:

who's got a smoke for the caper?

sidenote: got a chance to hang with him when he played acoustic with tony sly at a bar in SF several years back. dude is the real deal. same goes for tony. RIP.

I've never gotten the chance to talk to Joey Cape, would absolutely love to have been able to sit and have a beer with him. I didn't get too much into Tony Sly until after his death so his passing didn't hit me as hard as it probably did others.

2 hours ago, Wimpy Rutherford said:

I didn't get too much into Tony Sly until after his death so his passing didn't hit me as hard as it probably did others.

i first saw no use for a name the week kurt cobain died. 

"history doesn't repeat itself but it often rhymes" — mark twain

3 minutes ago, Wimpy Rutherford said:

What's your favorite Lagwagon album?

man, that's tough. i really like the sound of trashed. feelings and plaidinum have many great tracks though. i'll split the difference and say hoss, since that was my first lagwagon album.

hang was freakin' great. i look forward to railer.

6 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

man, that's tough. i really like the sound of trashed. feelings and plaidinum have many great tracks though. i'll split the difference and say hoss, since that was my first lagwagon album.

hang was freakin' great. i look forward to railer.

I have to do a top 3 'cause I can't pick one and it really depends on my mood so they are ever changing.

Hoss

Blaze 

Resolve

Hang has taken me a long time to get into but Lagwagon is like pizza where as even bad pizza is still good pizza. I just got into LW relatively recently, like last 3 years after being a quasi fan forever. I felt like Hang didn't fit the band the way the older stuff did and it threw me off and took forever for me to appreciate. 

• Like 1

Hoss for me too. The new song sounds a bit like Hoss era Lagwagon, doesn't it?

33 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

hang was freakin' great. i look forward to railer

Hang is without a doubt the most outstanding record of the last ten years made by one the "big bands from the 90s" still active in the punk rock scene. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

Haven’t listened to BFS in a long time. Didn’t know they kept making new music. Already love this song.

It’s so weird and sad to see how much Jaret has gained weight and even aged, but I guess that’s what depression and alcohol does to you. Sincerely hope he gets better. 

He looks like he’s wearing a fat suit. Fucking state of him

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

Great band, great album, great song!

I'd leave my wife for Michelle ... and probably Grath. Grath is one of, if not my all time, favorite pop punk song writers!

I'm a fucking mega fan ... seriously ... Steinways, Top Bunk, Barrakuda McMurder, Science Police, House Boat, Short Attention, Robot Bachelor ... the dude hasn't written anything I haven't heard and loved!

Also, that song appears in this:

I have the strongest boner right now!