What Are You Listening To Right Now Pt. 2

corey

8 hours ago, daveyjones said:

??????????????? they're the most important and influential punk band of the last 40 years. the entire genre from the mid-80s to now would basically not exist without them. they are the "tribal elders" of punk, skate punk, pop punk... you name it.

I know, I'm a pagan. Just as I thought I earned your respect Davey, I go and piss all over myself😂 . It's weird because I've followed the thread back to them and X, even The Replacements - but never took a deep dive in. I know the big singles, but if you have any deep cuts to recommend - I am ready for an education

13 hours ago, _Bagel said:

Just as I thought I earned your respect Davey, I go and piss all over myself😂 .

if you have any deep cuts to recommend - I am ready for an education.

hey man you don't need my respect! i only want to share the love. just start by playing the holy trinity straight through without skipping a single track. these albums: suffer (1988), no control (1989), against the grain (1990). my favorite front-to-back is no control. your mileage will likely vary.

epitaph has you covered on youtube with full streams...

On 6/16/2020 at 1:50 AM, _Bagel said:

I gotta confess, I don’t know much Bad Religion. This performance though, wow. Shit can bring tears 

The Professor and The Caper need to start the world anew 

I love Bad religion and I have learnt over the years that no two bad religion fans would ever agree on what is their best albums or songs haha I think you should listen to Suffer, No Control and The Empire Strikes First to get into them.
In my opinion the album No Control was when Bad Religion hit their pinnacle of success within the underground punk scene (it would be a few years before Bad Religion was well known outside of the punk/skate scene). The whole album is fast and catchy and it became (to me) a definitive Bad Religion release.
My favourite is Suffer though. I love Suffer. I got into Bad Religion around the time I started listening to punk rock (I was 12/13) and fell in love with their most popular songs but once I heard Suffer it changed my life and complete outlook on what music should be. 
If you're more into a more polished/pop punk side of the band (I see that you like Sorrow) then The Empire Strikes First is the album that I have showed to a lot of non BR fans and have turned them into BIG fans. 

• Like 1

The last few days I have started listening to albums from every year of the 90s. I've chosen like three albums from each year. did 90 and 91 yesterday and 92 and 93 today.

I'm actually on Recipe for Hate now. Some really good songs on it! Some clunkers too.

49 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I love Bad religion and I have learnt over the years that no two bad religion fans would ever agree on what is their best albums or songs haha I think you should listen to Suffer, No Control and The Empire Strikes First to get into them.
In my opinion the album No Control was when Bad Religion hit their pinnacle of success within the underground punk scene (it would be a few years before Bad Religion was well known outside of the punk/skate scene). The whole album is fast and catchy and it became (to me) a definitive Bad Religion release.
My favourite is Suffer though. I love Suffer. I got into Bad Religion around the time I started listening to punk rock (I was 12/13) and fell in love with their most popular songs but once I heard Suffer it changed my life and complete outlook on what music should be. 
If you're more into a more polished/pop punk side of the band (I see that you like Sorrow) then The Empire Strikes First is the album that I have showed to a lot of non BR fans and have turned them into BIG fans. 

Wow- I’ve heard Suffer held in such high regard from multiple people. Can’t have much more of a compliment than what you’ve said there! Right, Empire Strikes First it is. Star Wars reference too, I’m in 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, thongrider said:

I feel like the Atlantic years had so many bad songs. 

i think the career average is 50/50, past stranger.

from strange than fiction: i would keep every track as is.
from the gray race, i would keep: the gray race, them and us, a walk, punk rock song, pity the dead, 10 in 2010, come join us.
from no substance: hear it, shades of truth, all fantastic images, the biggest killer in american history, no substance, the voracious march of godliness, in so many ways.
from the new america: you've got a chance, a world without melody, 1000 memories, a streetkid named desire, believe it, the hopeless housewife, don't sell me short, the fast life.

i suppose i'm partial to no substance more than i should be, because i was on stage / back stage for their san diego date on that tour!

BR-01.jpg

BR-02.jpg

BR-03.jpg

BR-04.jpg

BR-05.jpg

BR-06.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1