What Are You Listening To Right Now Pt. 2

corey

6 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

have you heard her earlier band, the gentle storm? much more operatic.

My sister is a huge fan of hers, like she's her idol, so I've heard some of her career on and off for years, couldn't name much of any of it as its not really my thing but something about Martyr fucking gets me at my core, I'm obsessed with it. 

• Like 1

Just now, daveyjones said:

just a reminder that the most recent strung out (last year) is easily their best album since the 90s.

For me strung out broke up in 2018. I honest to god can't get into this album because JB isn't tearing up the kit. He was what brought me to the band.

11 minutes ago, Q182 said:

For me strung out broke up in 2018. I honest to god can't get into this album because JB isn't tearing up the kit. He was what brought me to the band.

i get the drummer loyalty, obvi! but it's a really spectacular album.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i get the drummer loyalty, obvi! but it's a really spectacular album.

I agree! They knock it out of the park on each record. Twisted By Design will always be the GOAT for me. 

14 minutes ago, Q182 said:

For @Elisa There are some days I like this record more than Jersey's Best Dancers even though nothing can top that record

One of my all time favorite bands ❤

Edit: I think they are absolutely quintessential for any fan of pop punk or the more poppy side of hardcore. They basically mastered the ome or two-minute catchy d-beat sound, and they have ended up being a very influential band, despite the fact that they're not well known. I love Lifetime.

20 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I think they are absolutely quintessential for any fan of pop punk or the more poppy side of hardcore. They basically mastered the one or two-minute catchy d-beat sound, and they have ended up being a very influential band, despite the fact that they're not well known. I love Lifetime.

They're really well known around here (I'm from close to where they originated). It's a real ear catcher how different they sounded when Scott Golley replaced Dave Wagenschutz on drums before they did Hello Bastards. And I agree, they really did perfect the lighter side of hardcore! 

Plus a lot of people don't know that Wagenschutz went on to play with Good Riddance after Sean Sellers left, and after Kid Dynamite broke up. KD's first tour was with Good Riddance in 1999, when Operation Phoenix came out. 

• Love 1