What Are You Listening To Right Now Pt. 2

corey

10 hours ago, Speedo said:

Been listening to Direct Hit! all morning, it's fun stuff, even if it does all sound the same.

yea for a pop punk band they are actually super innovative with arrangements, themes, lyrics, and orchestration. the vocal melodies get a bit samesies. but when it comes to music, i eat like a prisoner. so it doesn't bother me.

11 hours ago, Speedo said:

Been listening to Direct Hit! all morning, it's fun stuff, even if it does all sound the same.

I like a lot of their stuff, interesting band. Villain Alcohol is fucking brilliant. 

2 hours ago, _Bagel said:

I know how universally loved Oasis are around here. This song makes me want to headbutt a stain-glass window, in a good way 

I think the majority of people here always roll their eyes whenever someone brings Oasis up, but the few people who love Oasis, really love them (me, Scott and a few more of us from Europe)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I think the majority of people here always roll their eyes whenever someone brings Oasis up, but the few people who love Oasis, really love them (me, Scott and a few more of us from Europe)

they're the "wonderwall" band right?

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Hahah yeah I recall that Oasis are a bit disputed around these parts . I can get why they might induce eye-rolls with some of our American folk. I'm not really a patriotic person by any means, but when I listen to Oasis/The Jam/ Billy Bragg I feel fucking British. Like I see dirty old pubs, council estates, parkas, Industrial estates, football idk - some of those things don't have the same standing/presence in America. I'm glad you love them Elisa!

Oh yeah, @Speedo they deffo love ripping off The Beatles/Lennon. The fucking hair, the coloured rim glasses! 

Anyway, Liam Gallagher is the 'most punk rock dude ever' - fact.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, _Bagel said:

I know how universally loved Oasis are around here. This song makes me want to headbutt a stain-glass window, in a good way 

That song is the ultimate lads tune. Listen to that while walking down the street and you feel a fucking million bucks and the coolest cunt on the planet. The band are the epitome of cool. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Hahah yeah I recall that Oasis are a bit disputed around these parts . I can get why they might induce eye-rolls with some of our American folk. I'm not really a patriotic person by any means, but when I listen to Oasis/The Jam/ Billy Bragg I feel fucking British. Like I see dirty old pubs, council estates, parkas, Industrial estates, football idk - some of those things don't have the same standing/presence in America. I'm glad you love them Elisa!

Oh yeah, @Speedo they deffo love ripping off The Beatles/Lennon. The fucking hair, the coloured rim glasses! 

Anyway, Liam Gallagher is the 'most punk rock dude ever' - fact.

The Jam are another amazing band people are fucking sleeping on. I get it though. Them and Oasis are basically Britain in musical form so I can see why Americans just don’t get it. 

And yes Liam Gallagher is a punk icon 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Scott. said:

That song is the ultimate lads tune. Listen to that while walking down the street and you feel a fucking million bucks and the coolest cunt on the planet. The band are the epitome of cool. 

Mate - the fucking helicopter sound at the beginning, guitar properly kicks in , could slide tackle someone.  Would normally be our last  song at pre's at uni, all go out waddling like a bunch of deluded Liam's thinking we'd pull. That whole Maine Road gig is carnage.

Yeah - The Jam are one of the most tight three-pieces to ever do it. Weller basically has the power condense British life into 2 and a half minutes, it's fucking mad. Like you say, I see why it wouldn't translate the same way

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Mate - the fucking helicopter sound at the beginning, guitar properly kicks in , could slide tackle someone.  Would normally be our last  song at pre's at uni, all go out waddling like a bunch of deluded Liam's thinking we'd pull. That whole Maine Road gig is carnage.

Yeah - The Jam are one of the most tight three-pieces to ever do it. Weller basically has the power condense British life into 2 and a half minutes, it's fucking mad. Like you say, I see why it wouldn't translate the same way

mate, working class Britain. How good is this song btw. How can you not wanna dance to this? 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Elisa said:

One of the truly great voices, Paul Weller. Loved him with The Jam and even with The Style Council.

One of the greats. Still going too. My mother is obsessed with him. I’ve grown up on the Jam and Style Council. 

• Love 1