What Are You Listening To Right Now Pt. 2

corey

So, funny story! Thought I didn't know any Alkaline Trio songs, but I was wrong. (Well, technically I never heard this one, but I did hear another one.)

Watchdogs game is on in the house these days, and if any of you play it, you'll know that "Private Eye" is in there.

Oh, AND, lol I didn't know that MGK was in the game too! Lol Awesome!

5 hours ago, Speedo said:

No wonder they recorded this song like 3 different times, fucking banggggs

4 hours ago, daveyjones said:

REM is my favorite american rock band of all time. i've heard everything they've ever done, own everything they've ever done.

ah - that’ll be a yes then. Do you have any Michael Stipe stories ?

1 hour ago, _Bagel said:

Do you have any Michael Stipe stories ?

sure do. for years i was in the REM fan club. got a club-only invite to a television performance taping for the show party of five in early 1998 at the palace in hollywood (capacity 1,500). i took a friend from high school. they played "at my most beautiful" over and over again for the taping. then they did an encore set for all of us. during the taping portion there were many stops and starts. we were standing right up front next to the stage (there was no barricade or security because it had to look like a low-key club/bar for the show). at one point stipe asked my friend to bum a smoke. she obliged and they shared it together between takes.

• Like 3

Just now, Depf said:

only time i ever felt genuine excitement in the crowds before shows. everyone hugging, screaming along because the songs were so dear to the fans. it was electric and unique. 

I've never been to a show like that since.

• Sad 1