What Are You Listening To Right Now Pt. 2

corey

1 minute ago, Kay said:

It really sucks that Jesse is a perv because this album is so brilliant. 

It really sucks. I've listened to the entire album this morning, it's their best work and probably the best album of the last decade, and it never got to have its moment because of all the drama. Damn you jesse lacey for being an incredible lyricist and a piece of shit. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Elisa said:

It really sucks. I've listened to the entire album this morning, it's their best work and probably the best album of the last decade, and it never got to have its moment because of all the drama. Damn you jesse lacey for being an incredible lyricist and a piece of shit. 

So much solid work there. Can't Get It Out, Waste, In The Water, Desert... Such good shit. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Crab 1

12 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Science Fiction was the perfection album to transition into Jesse being a pervert. Allowed me to begin the process of washing my hands of Brand New completely before the fact, so fucking dull. Struggle how anyone can make it all the way through it without falling asleep. 

I mean, considering the wank you listen to, I'm not surprised that's how you feel. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kay said:

I mean, considering the wank you listen to, I'm not surprised that's how you feel. 

Brand New haven't wrote a good song since the Devil & God are Raging Inside Me. 

You remind me of my old uni housemate, tried to hard to pretend that Daisy was great album and that we just didn't "get it" - we all knew he was just being a hipster douche and he came to his senses after a while.

I'm now gonna listen to My Favourite Weapon and remember when Brand New were actually good. 

• Crab 2

2 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Brand New haven't wrote a good song since the Devil & God are Raging Inside Me. 

You remind me of my old uni housemate, tried to hard to pretend that Daisy was great album and that we just didn't "get it" - we all knew he was just being a hipster douche and he came to his senses after a while.

I'm now gonna listen to My Favourite Weapon and remember when Brand New were actually good. 

No I agree that Daisy was horseshit, Science Fiction is great though. 

Speaking of Science Fiction, this album came out on Friday and I think it's heavily influenced by Science Fiction, without trying to copy the sound. The quiet/loud dynamic is really good and I like how well written the lyrics are. 

1 hour ago, _Bagel said:

So fucking good. I will always be convinced that three-piece bands are the magic number. Incredible

the jam, blink, jawbreaker, nirvana, lawrence arms, dinosaur jr, alkaline trio, placebo, beastie boys

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

the jam, blink, jawbreaker, nirvana, lawrence arms, dinosaur jr, alkaline trio, placebo, beastie boys

Exactly!! - the battle is won with the first three alone. The dynamic of a three piece. The fucking immediacy of the music, unreal

• Love 1