What Are You Listening To Right Now Pt. 2

corey

4 hours ago, Elisa said:

I actually think there is something so special about that kind of 90s New York hip hop sound, the beats and the flow work so well together to me.

Yeah I totally know that I'm in minority with my thoughts about it haha. 

I guess I just like "radio" hip hop or "pop" hip hop more.

There's basically only three different things I listen to if I listen to hip hop. One Swedish artist that raps in Swedish, in a very pop-y way. Eminem, and The Life of Pablo

• Crab 1

19 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

There's basically only three different things I listen to if I listen to hip hop. One Swedish artist that raps in Swedish, in a very pop-y way. Eminem, and The Life of Pablo

Who? Just curious if there’s someone I’ve heard of

36 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Kinda off topic but it's cool to listen to non-english speaking bands/artists and I should do it more often, recommend me your favourite music in your native language, it doesn't matter the genre @twentytwenty  @thongrider@Maddey @Depf @Thibaut182

I'll think of this and get back later. 

• Love 1

50 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Kinda off topic but it's cool to listen to non-english speaking bands/artists and I should do it more often, recommend me your favourite music in your native language, it doesn't matter the genre @twentytwenty  @thongrider@Maddey @Depf @Thibaut182

Gladly! 
My fav norwegian-singing ones atm are Karpe, Cezinando, Brenn, B-Boy Myhre, Kaizers Orchestra and Daniel Kvammen. 

And in case @twentytwenty doesn’t mention her, Veronica Maggio is a great swedish one

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, Maddey said:

Gladly! 
My fav norwegian-singing ones atm are Karpe, Cezinando, Brenn, B-Boy Myhre, Kaizers Orchestra and Daniel Kvammen. 

And in case @twentytwenty doesn’t mention her, Veronica Maggio is a great swedish one

Awesome! Thanks! I'll make a playlist with all their most streamed songs on Spotify and then I'll add all the other recommendations.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

Hell yeah I'll get you some links!

I have to recommend Donkeyboy although they're an English-singing band. A Norwegian synth? pop band that had some really great hits ten(?) years ago. @Maddey @thongriderWhat do you say about them?

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, Maddey said:

Fun idea. I’ll totally check out the other recommendations you get as well

I was only familiar with Millencolin and Yung Lean from Sweden, I'm really digging Karpe, B-Boy and Cezinando so far! 

1 minute ago, Elisa said:

I was only familiar with Millencolin and Yung Lean from Sweden, I'm really digging Karpe, B-Boy and Cezinando so far! 

Millencolin have a couple of songs where they sing in Swedish as well. Especially the superior version of Battery Check with the Swedish title E20 Norr!

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Millencolin have a couple of songs where they sing in Swedish as well. Especially the superior version of Battery Check with the Swedish title E20 Norr!

Yes, I love that song! I've seen them play E20 Norr live a few times actually and it was so cool.

• Love 1

Okay here we go @Elisa

Some Swedish artists that sing in Swedish:

Håkan Hellström, the biggest artist in Sweden that sings in Swedish, a total legend. Been around for 21 years now. His 20th anniversary concert that was supposed to be last year (postponed to after covid) got sold out in a few minutes, so they added another concert around an hour after that, and that got sold out in a few minutes as well (75.000 people/show). So they had to add two more shows that also got sold out so he’ll be having four sold out anniversary shows when things open up again with around 300.000 sold tickets. -

As @Maddey stated earlier, Veronica Maggio, If Håkan is the pop king in Sweden she’s definitely the pop queen, she also had a great duet with Håkan a couple of years ago. -

Per Gessle, needs no introduction. The guitarist/vocalist and songwriter from Roxette and his Swedish band Gyllene Tider, has a big solo career where he sings in Swedish. -

Fronda, as stated earlier - Swedish hip hop. Has many different sides to him but it’s overly pop-ish hip hop -

Spoiler

Mathias Helsing Andersson - a shameless plug for a hella good looking fellow that is singing in Swedish -

Danny Saucedo, has material in both English and Swedish, but this album that was in Swedish is amazing -

• Love 1

55 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Hell yeah I'll get you some links!

I have to recommend Donkeyboy although they're an English-singing band. A Norwegian synth? pop band that had some really great hits ten(?) years ago. @Maddey @thongriderWhat do you say about them?

I like Ambitions