What Are You Listening To Right Now Pt. 2

corey

5 minutes ago, Mr Blonde said:

Fave tune of theirs? 

On that album, there’s so many…

- I Don’t Wanna Know. I love the constant harmony throughout and that it’s beautifully upbeat with heart breaking lyrics.

- Go Your Own Way. My kareoke song, some of my favourite guitar work in any song ever and just simple but perfect lyrics.

- The Chain. Just a magical moment in music, iconic, pristine. Just perfection.

- Never Going Back Again. One of the reasons I fell in love with acoustic guitar, used to play it all the time. 

outside of that record I actually don’t know many but I agree Landslide is absolutely breath taking. I used to sing it in the car with my mother. But technically isn’t that Stevie Nicks solo?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, Kay said:

Never Going Back Again. One of the reasons I fell in love with acoustic guitar, used to play it all the time. 

That's one of the first songs I learned to fingerpick. I learned it way before I was ready, so it took me countless hours of practice.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

That's one of the first songs I learned to fingerpick. I learned it way before I was ready, so it took me countless hours of practice.

It is not an easy one by any stretch lol, I’m a firm believer that the first finger picked song anyone should learn is House Of The Rising Sun. Reinforces standard chords, hard enough to challenge but a simple pattern to learn. Plus the song is bad ass.

I haven’t played the song in years I have no idea how to play it now, I should relearn it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

The only song I could ever fingerpick was "When You Fucked Grandpa", it's always been a daunting skill to take on. I'm a little jealous.

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

The only song I could ever fingerpick was "When You Fucked Grandpa", it's always been a daunting skill to take on. I'm a little jealous.

To be honest I’ve always felt that was one of the hardest blink guitar parts that’s ironically A dumb fucking song that no one thinks about.

5 minutes ago, Kay said:

To be honest I’ve always felt that was one of the hardest blink guitar parts that’s ironically A dumb fucking song that no one thinks about.

Really? I wouldn't say it was one of the easiest but as someone who can barely play guitar, I found it a quick learn. I think I learned it in my teens and it's always stuck with me.

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

Really? I wouldn't say it was one of the easiest but as someone who can barely play guitar, I found it a quick learn. I think I learned it in my teens and it's always stuck with me.

I don’t mean I found it difficult, I mean as a guitar part it seems more “involved” than most of Tom’s guitar work. 

like it’s got a bit more to it than his usual style.

19 hours ago, Speedo said:

A few years ago I did the lead on a track for a guy who sounded exactly like him. It was uncanny. He had no clue who Colin Hay was and had never heard of him or his music but it was eerily similar.

Did that guy have any success in the end? I would love that comparison

Tried listening to Frank Turner's new album today.

Gave up about 8 or 9 tracks in, most of it was total dross. I haven't loved a release of his in like four albums I think it's time to give up lol. 

Except for Wave Across The Bay, that was heart breaking. the rest of it though... nah. 

21 hours ago, Kay said:

Tried listening to Frank Turner's new album today.

Gave up about 8 or 9 tracks in, most of it was total dross. I haven't loved a release of his in like four albums I think it's time to give up lol. 

Except for Wave Across The Bay, that was heart breaking. the rest of it though... nah. 

You a big Frank fan? (well, his early stuff). I interviewed him once, he was a lovely man! Got me on the guest list after, bless him

29 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

You a big Frank fan? (well, his early stuff). I interviewed him once, he was a lovely man! Got me on the guest list after, bless him

Huge frank fan. I’ve done full frank cover sets (more than once) but apart from some of No Mans Land, I’ve found most of the albums fairly lackluster since Tape Deck Heart. At this point it’s basically half his work doesn’t appeal to me. 

He seems like a lovely guy, met him once or twice.