What Are You Listening To Right Now Pt. 2

corey

I just started getting into Vinyls, I've noticed that the late 90s/early 2000s stuff I loved does not translate as well onto there as oldies like I'd thought.  It's not that the sound quality matters, it's that it just doesn't fit the "setting".  

Like I got all these mix of oldies (70s-80s-early 90s) and they are fun to listen to, or very acoustic stuff, but when I get to - Outkast, Blink, Linkin Park, 2pac, it doesn't appeal as much.  I just feel like I'm never going to listen to them and solely look cool (which doesn't justify the price)

Anyone else find this?

1 hour ago, Cum Back Tom said:

I just started getting into Vinyls, I've noticed that the late 90s/early 2000s stuff I loved does not translate as well onto there as oldies like I'd thought.  It's not that the sound quality matters, it's that it just doesn't fit the "setting".  

Like I got all these mix of oldies (70s-80s-early 90s) and they are fun to listen to, or very acoustic stuff, but when I get to - Outkast, Blink, Linkin Park, 2pac, it doesn't appeal as much.  I just feel like I'm never going to listen to them and solely look cool (which doesn't justify the price)

Anyone else find this?

It’s the way they were recorded, for a while everything was just a wall of sound waves with no space to breathe. 

4 minutes ago, Matt. said:

It’s the way they were recorded, for a while everything was just a wall of sound waves with no space to breathe. 

Well, that's the feel I got, these albums were 'made' to be played on a walkman/car/cd player originally, while older records were in fact meant to played on well, a record player.  So I'm trying to match that and not getting anything vinyl that isn't warranting it.  I mean cars themselves don't have CD players anymore, so it's starting to get depressing.  

I just need to find some stationary CD player now, because that's the appeal to it for me, is actually chilling out and listening to my favorite albums, wifi/bluetooth/streaming free.

12 hours ago, Scott. said:

@Elisa have you heard of Lola Young? 

that beat 🔥 vocals. The swag. Everything is on point. 

Wow! No, I've never heard of her before, but I'm listening right now and she's amazing, I love her voice!

5 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Wow! No, I've never heard of her before, but I'm listening right now and she's amazing, I love her voice!

I’m obsessed. What a tune ffs. She’s cool as fuck too. I hope she moves more into this direction. Her voice is great but her swag is next level. 

this shows off her voice more. That tone 👌

• 2 weeks later...