What Are You Listening To Right Now Pt. 2

corey

7 hours ago, daveyjones said:

joey cape is a national treasure. did you hear last year's railer? so fucking good!!! as was hang before it.

I’m with you there, let’s get his face on dollars. Yeah it’s crazy - the first single, Bubble,  blew my head off. What do you think of Bad Astronaut ? 

13 hours ago, _Bagel said:

What do you think of Bad Astronaut ? 

anything he touches turns to gold. i just want to hear his words through his voice.

i particularly like "grey suits" off acrophobe. the other two albums are good too. i should give all three a spin again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daveyjones said:

anything he touches turns to gold. i just want to hear his words through his voice.

i particularly like "grey suits" off acrophobe. the other two albums are good too. i should give all three a spin again.

You should! I did recently and I'm a better person for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Speedo said:

You should! I did recently and I'm a better person for it.

just played all three today. there are some definite gems in there! you can also hear where some lagwagon tracks probably began as demos for bad astronaut material and got "lagwagonized" into faster, more aggressive songs.

17 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

just played all three today. there are some definite gems in there! you can also hear where some lagwagon tracks probably began as demos for bad astronaut material and got "lagwagonized" into faster, more aggressive songs.

I know the riff for Infectious from Resolve started off from a Bad Astronaut song. I wasn't aware of others though.

I think their second record,  Houston We Have A Drinking Problem,  is maybe some of the best material Joey has written/been a part of. These Days, Break Your Frame and If I Had  A Son - massive

• Like 1

9 hours ago, _Bagel said:

I think their second record,  Houston We Have A Drinking Problem,  is maybe some of the best material Joey has written/been a part of. These Days, Break Your Frame and If I Had  A Son - massive

you're right, Houston could possibly be one of Joey's best works ever, but it's a gamble with him, every band and song that he has ever put out is gold to me. Lagwagon is probably the band I've seen the most live

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

you're right, Houston could possibly be one of Joey's best works ever, but it's a gamble with him, every band and song that he has ever put is gold to me. Lagwagon is probably the band I've seen the most live

I'm with you there - Like the run of  albums between Thrashed, Hoss, DP and Lets Talk About Feelings - that output is fucking mad,  all gold. What about his solo stuff??  I'm going through Stitch Puppy atm.

Really?! That's so cool, I'm jealous. Whats an average Lagwagon show like? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _Bagel said:

I'm with you there - Like the run of  albums between Thrashed, Hoss, DP and Lets Talk About Feelings - that output is fucking mad,  all gold. What about his solo stuff??  I'm going through Stitch Puppy atm.

Really?! That's so cool, I'm jealous. Whats an average Lagwagon show like? 

I always have a great time! You should expect their most famous songs + some unexpected stuffs here and there. Joey's voice improved a lot between 2012 and 2016, it sounded almost like the records, and it wasn't like that before. Now his voice isn't that strong, he's getting older, but their shows are always so much fun and Dave Raun is a beast.
Side story: I got to interview Joey a few times when I was in high school and I stayed in touch with him and Dave over the years. Whenever they come back to Italy they always look for me to say hi and have a beer, they're so nice.

The last time I saw them they played Let's Talk About Feelings front to back💣

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

5 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I always have a great time! You should expect their most famous songs + some unexpected stuffs here and there. Joey's voice improved a lot between 2012 and 2016, it sounded almost like the records, and it wasn't like that before. Now his voice isn't that strong, he's getting older, but their shows are always so much fun and Dave Raun is a beast.
Side story: I got to interview Joey a few times when I was in high school and I stayed in touch with him and Dave over the years. Whenever they come back to Italy they always look for me to say hi and have a beer, they're so nice.

Next time you see Joey tell him to call me and tell me what he's wearing and that he loves me too.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I wonder what he did differently? Brush his teeth before a show like our Hoppus does? Yeah, Dave is  insane behind the kit - it's also hilarious seeing the contrast between the Big Bitch and Little Joe on stage as well.

That's so cool! You're part of the Wagon family. What are they like as people? To have a beer with The Caper is the dream

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

I wonder what he did differently? Brush his teeth before a show like our Hoppus does? Yeah, Dave is  insane behind the kit - it's also hilarious seeing the contrast between the Big Bitch and Little Joe on stage as well.

That's so cool! You're part of the Wagon family. What are they like as people? To have a beer with The Caper is the dream

Nice and humble people, easy to talk to, I have nothing but good things to say about them. 

He said he regrets singing so high when he was younger, I think the way he sings seems to be taking a toll on him, which is unfortunate, but it happens. I'm glad they're still making music, Hang is the best punk rock album of the last ten years. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

Hang is the best punk rock album of the last ten years. 

fantastic record.

1 hour ago, _Bagel said:

To have a beer with The Caper is the dream

i  saw him do his acoustic thing with tony sly at thee parkside in SF. had a smoke with him out on the curb. nicest fucking guy.

7 hours ago, Elisa said:

every band and song that he has ever put out is gold to me. Lagwagon is probably the band I've seen the most live.

pure gold. i've seen them many times as well, from the hoss days playing the side stage at SOMA with strung out, all the way to hang. probably my favorite was the record release party for the i think my older brother used to listen to lagwagon EP at (again) thee parkside in SF. that bar only holds one hundred people. and i was right on the rail in front of the caper.

5 hours ago, _Bagel said:

Thrashed, Hoss, DP and Lets Talk About Feelings - that output is fucking mad, all gold.

four solid records in a row. unassailable legacy.

maybe we need a separate lagwagon appreciation thread?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

maybe we need a separate lagwagon appreciation thread?

Yes! There’s no Fat Wreck Chords without Lagwagon. One of the first things I would do if I had a time machine is go back to see them with Derrick Plourde on the drums (R.I.P.). Dave did you ever get to see them with Derrick?

58 minutes ago, Q182 said:

Yes! There’s no Fat Wreck Chords without Lagwagon. One of the first things I would do if I had a time machine is go back to see them with Derrick Plourde on the drums (R.I.P.). Dave did you ever get to see them with Derrick?

several times. i first saw them playing in support of hoss.

• Like 1

@Elisa and @daveyjones interviewing, drinking and smoking with The Caper - y'all are cool, those little tidbits were amazing to hear.

I love the fact that Lagwagon has temporarily hijacked this thread, Davey I think an appreciation thread is a great idea. I think I'm yet to start a thread, so maybe now is the time!

• Like 1