What Are You Listening To Right Now Pt. 2

49 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I love Bad religion and I have learnt over the years that no two bad religion fans would ever agree on what is their best albums or songs haha I think you should listen to Suffer, No Control and The Empire Strikes First to get into them.
In my opinion the album No Control was when Bad Religion hit their pinnacle of success within the underground punk scene (it would be a few years before Bad Religion was well known outside of the punk/skate scene). The whole album is fast and catchy and it became (to me) a definitive Bad Religion release.
My favourite is Suffer though. I love Suffer. I got into Bad Religion around the time I started listening to punk rock (I was 12/13) and fell in love with their most popular songs but once I heard Suffer it changed my life and complete outlook on what music should be. 
If you're more into a more polished/pop punk side of the band (I see that you like Sorrow) then The Empire Strikes First is the album that I have showed to a lot of non BR fans and have turned them into BIG fans. 

Wow- I’ve heard Suffer held in such high regard from multiple people. Can’t have much more of a compliment than what you’ve said there! Right, Empire Strikes First it is. Star Wars reference too, I’m in 

• Love 1
  • Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we gotta have this topic back....its an easy yet useful way to get posts back Brand New - Moshi Moshi

UnderOATH - I Have Ten Friends and a Crowbar..

I don't know what else The La's ever did, I don't care, this is enough 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, thongrider said:

I feel like the Atlantic years had so many bad songs. 

i think the career average is 50/50, past stranger.

from strange than fiction: i would keep every track as is.
from the gray race, i would keep: the gray race, them and us, a walk, punk rock song, pity the dead, 10 in 2010, come join us.
from no substance: hear it, shades of truth, all fantastic images, the biggest killer in american history, no substance, the voracious march of godliness, in so many ways.
from the new america: you've got a chance, a world without melody, 1000 memories, a streetkid named desire, believe it, the hopeless housewife, don't sell me short, the fast life.

i suppose i'm partial to no substance more than i should be, because i was on stage / back stage for their san diego date on that tour!

BR-01.jpg

BR-02.jpg

BR-03.jpg

BR-04.jpg

BR-05.jpg

BR-06.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, _Bagel said:

Strikes First it is.

if you'd like a single song that is a tour de force of the band's songwriting skills and showcases their world view rather succinctly, check out "american jesus." it was the song that got me into the band—way, way back in 1993! i prefer the andy wallace mix:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, daveyjones said:

if you'd like a single song that is a tour de force of the band's songwriting skills and showcases their world view rather succinctly, check out "american jesus." it was the song that got me into the band—way, way back in 1993! i prefer the andy wallace mix:

Love the alternate melodies kicking in at like 2:00, all built round a nice riff. Cheers Davey

• Like 1

This has been one of my favourite songs for the last, like, year. Not remotely a genre I'm a fan of, but the singer is one of my sisters idols and she had it on in the car and half way through the song I was like "wtf is this fucking awesome song" and she told me and it's been on basically every playlist I've listened to for the last year. the rest of the album didn't really do anything for me but for some reason this song fuckin' rocks me. no clue. It's really fun to sing along to when doing the dishes though... 

16 hours ago, daveyjones said:

Sounds like crossing Danny Vapid and the Cheats with The Manges.

• Like 1

So, only a few days into my Bad Religion pondering - got to say, I keep coming back to Recipe For Hate. 

Struck a Nerve did exactly that and I've been going through the whole album since. This stood out in particular :

Beautiful tune 

• Love 1