NEW AVA SONG ON OFFICIAL WEBSITE

monkey_boy182

for real man. this dude and his hating is getting so retardedly old.

If anyone of you had even half a brain you'd realize that I was actually defending Tom.

People were saying it sounded like the same as the last album and putting it down and all I said was that if people thought Tom was going to go back to the way he was they were wrong.

People can express any opinion on here they'd like. I think most of you have your heads so far up Tom's ass that he could vomit and call it gold and you'd think it's gold.

You just can't get over the fact that I might have some credibility because I can hold two opposing points of view in my head. I can love Tom for what he was but be objective enough to say his new stuff ain't that great.

whatever dude, you don't have to shove it down our throats IN EVERY AVA THREAD that you happen to think you don't find the new stuff great. fine. more power to you. why must you fucking remind us 30 times in each thread.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone of you had even half a brain you'd realize that I was actually defending Tom.

People were saying it sounded like the same as the last album and putting it down and all I said was that if people thought Tom was going to go back to the way he was they were wrong.

People can express any opinion on here they'd like. I think most of you have your heads so far up Tom's ass that he could vomit and call it gold and you'd think it's gold.

You just can't get over the fact that I might have some credibility because I can hold two opposing points of view in my head. I can love Tom for what he was but be objective enough to say his new stuff ain't that great.

Why are you still in the AVA section?  YOu constantly bitch and moan about them but you never leave.  I don't go into the frozen food isle at a grocery store and say "OMg I hate peas they're like every other green vegetable waaah why does anyone like this crap?"

You like the old Tom?  Go to the Blink section and quit bitching here.  And no, we don't have our heads up Tom's ass (I'd say you have your own head up your own ass).  Maybe we're just fans and maybe we do disagree with some of his ideas/songs/etc. 

Great, he's managed to make a song that sounds like a carbon copy of every other AVA song.

I'll take my coma now.

serously, dude, I duno what your smoking, but we literally got about 20seconds of a song there, how can you say something like that without hearing the full thing?

Reserve judgements til we hear the full thing for gods sake...

Tell me one thing that sounds remotely different about that song. Same static ambience, same toy piano, same four on the floor drum beat.

I'll lay down $100 000 that the yo-oh-oh's come next.

That's what AVA is all about you fucking dumbass...If you don't dig that kind of stuff then quit listening or paying attention to them.  I myself love it because I get tired of the same generic scene shit that is going on right now.

I never made mention of what AVA was about. I mentioned that it sounds as though Tom has made no progress and learned no lessons from WDNTW, and the new song sounds no different to any song of AVA's I've heard before.

i think its interesting how every single word that comes out of tom's mouth, every note of music that comes from his band, and anything else he does, says, wears, can ignite a flame of controversy. its been like this for years now. when are people going to give it a rest?

Guest MichaelScott

Why are you still in the AVA section?  YOu constantly bitch and moan about them but you never leave.  I don't go into the frozen food isle at a grocery store and say "OMg I hate peas they're like every other green vegetable waaah why does anyone like this crap?"

You like the old Tom?  Go to the Blink section and quit bitching here.  And no, we don't have our heads up Tom's ass (I'd say you have your own head up your own ass).  Maybe we're just fans and maybe we do disagree with some of his ideas/songs/etc. 

why you gotta be a pea hater??

Guest Jon182

Great, he's managed to make a song that sounds like a carbon copy of every other AVA song.

I'll take my coma now.

serously, dude, I duno what your smoking, but we literally got about 20seconds of a song there, how can you say something like that without hearing the full thing?

Tell me one thing that sounds remotely different about that song. Same static ambience, same toy piano, same four on the floor drum beat.

That's what AVA is all about you fucking dumbass...If you don't dig that kind of stuff then quit listening or paying attention to them.  I myself love it because I get tired of the same generic scene shit that is going on right now.

I never made mention of what AVA was about. I mentioned that it sounds as though Tom has made no progress and learned no lessons from WDNTW, and the new song sounds no different to any song of AVA's I've heard before.

Even though u didn't like wdntw is was pretty successful.  And so far you've heard a 30 second clip with no singing and u know wat the whole album is gonna be like?

Word.  I've never seen a band that is supposedly so shitty to everyone around here get this much attention. 

I'll take my coma now.

Even though u didn't like wdntw is was pretty successful.  And so far you've heard a 30 second clip with no singing and u know wat the whole album is gonna be like?

The fact that it's not even slightly different is a big clue.

I'll take my coma now.

There are no lessons to learn, Tom no longer makes a product out of music. Of course he has heard all the whining and hate for his new music, he just simply wishes to express his ideas and emotions this way, period.

I think its horrible how people wish and hope with all their heart that Angels and Airwaves sell out. It doesn't sound like a progression but its ok because wdntw was a big progression from his last style, its perfectly fine for him to perfect the sound now.

Im loving the message though.

I'll take my coma now.

There are no lessons to learn, Tom no longer makes a product out of music. Of course he has heard all the whining and hate for his new music, he just simply wishes to express his ideas and emotions this way, period.

I'm not sure he has heard all the criticism, remember that interview where he said that he was overwhelmed by the positive reviews WDNTW got and how he hadn't seen a bad one.

i think its interesting how every single word that comes out of tom's mouth, every note of music that comes from his band, and anything else he does, says, wears, can ignite a flame of controversy. its been like this for years now. when are people going to give it a rest?

Never. Deal with it.

I'll take my coma now.

I'm not sure he has heard all the criticism, remember that interview where he said that he was overwhelmed by the positive reviews WDNTW got and how he hadn't seen a bad one.

Yeah and remember when he said it was amazing all the awards angels had won? And when he boasts all his albums sold (i think on Larry King) and how he pretty much says angels has been a success in almost every interview he does? He's promoting his album with half trues.

Even though most critics disliked the album, wdntw did get some good reviews from important people, and those who gave them a good nod did so in a way Tom felt good.

Ava has never gotten tons and tons of awards but they do have several unimportant awards and some cool ones like the best band from the california awards thing and the best band from the university mtv things, they're not mainstream awards and thats pretty nice. But they're far from getting tons of awards, they also lost the big mtv award to Avenged Sevenfold (even though i like ava more i think this was pretty fair).

Wdntw doesn't have millions of copies sold, but it turned out alright if we take into account how bad discs are selling, Paris Hilton records might have outsold wdntw, but it did go gold and its ok for a new band. +44 sales show how even some popular people are not enough to sell tons of records, and plus's record was not bad by any account.

Back on topic, Tom always sugar coats his band so people can start feeling him and get excited for his music, i think he does a very good job at this, even if people get dissapointed once they hear the music.

Also i don't think Tom lives under a rock. Im also sure he has not read all the critics his fans online give but its pretty obvious he gets the big message: Out with the clean, delay, preachness and reverb and bring back the distortion, girl songs and power chords. He just simply won't go back.

U keep talking shit on ava yet u fucken idolize tom.  Weren't u the one who was recording him awhile bak from ur car like a staulker?

Ummm did you not read the post on the last page?!?!

I idolized Tom for MANY years BECAUSE HE WAS IN BLINK!!!!!!!

It was my goal since 1999 to meet him and I finally did.

I don't care for AVA.

I am not sure why people keeop thinking that because I loved fleshlights back in the day it somehow makes me a hypocrite that I don't like AVA>

There is no hypocracy there at all.

You have sex with plastic vagina's.

<3

yeah u'r such a looser. wasting your whole life on this board, making threads like "hoho, should i wear an AVA shirt at the plus 44 concert omg loloooz"

k, now i'm waiting for an answer, in perfect english and stanzas...

U keep talking shit on ava yet u fucken idolize tom.  Weren't u the one who was recording him awhile bak from ur car like a staulker?

I don't care for AVA.

I am not sure why people keeop thinking that because I loved fleshlights back in the day it somehow makes me a hypocrite that I don't like AVA>

<3

yeah u'r such a looser. wasting your whole life on this board, making threads like "hoho, should i wear an AVA shirt at the plus 44 concert omg loloooz"

He doesn't write poems when he replies...?

Guest Jon182

I don't care for AVA.

<3

Yea haha.  The fact is that tom can do watever he wants.  If u think i-empire is gonna suck then do buy it.  He obviously isn't doing it for the money.  All he wants is people to hear wat he has to say and offer.

Actually, you're being subjective. And please stop this argument, this is boring. People have been saying for ages how they dislike Tom's new stuff. So we fucking get it. Now stop repeating yourself and get out of here if you don't like it. We've heard your story a thousand times.

i like the short clip, even though it's nothing special!

i liked the last album a lot, and i'm positive i'll like i-empire as well.

and sunnysewer, i get your point, but there are actually a lot of people who loved WDNTW and don't regard it as boring, monotonous music ;)

U keep talking shit on ava yet u fucken idolize tom. Weren't u the one who was recording him awhile bak from ur car like a staulker?

I don't care for AVA.

I am not sure why people keeop thinking that because I loved Tom back in the day it somehow makes me a hypocrite that I don't like AVA>

If u don't like AvA then get out of this section then.

yeah - go in the 'other music' section and make posts/topics about bands you do like. We get you dont like AVA - im no big fan either but im not so bitter that i have to be negative about them all the time.

i like the short clip, even though it's nothing special!

i liked the last album a lot, and i'm positive i'll like i-empire as well.

and sunnysewer, i get your point, but there are actually a lot of people who loved WDNTW and don't regard it as boring, monotonous music ;)

as long as you cover the whole album im not bothered ;)