NEW AVA SONG ON OFFICIAL WEBSITE

monkey_boy182

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt pick up on that but i really couldnt hear it so i deleted the clip straight away haha

oh and i like the clip but as some people have said u cant really judge nething from it..just coz its a similar sounding intro doesnt mean it cant go in so many directions after that

Actually, you're being subjective. And please stop this argument, this is boring. People have been saying for ages how they dislike Tom's new stuff. So we fucking get it. Now stop repeating yourself and get out of here if you don't like it. We've heard your story a thousand times.

That's funny everyone who loves it is being subjective too.

ANd I am not being subjective really. I can dig you up a lot of posts where I say goodthings about the band. Bet you didn't know that.

Is this place suppose to just be filled with Tom worshippers that love AVA and think everything he does is great?!

That is really stupid.

Go to any message board. Your going to have people who love it and hate it.

Actually, you're being subjective. And please stop this argument, this is boring. People have been saying for ages how they dislike Tom's new stuff. So we fucking get it. Now stop repeating yourself and get out of here if you don't like it. We've heard your story a thousand times.

ANd I am not being subjective really. I can dig you up a lot of posts where I say goodthings about the band. Bet you didn't know that.

Is this place suppose to just be filled with Tom worshippers that love AVA and think everything he does is great?!

That is really stupid.

There really isnt any point to be in a band mesageboard if the person hates the band.

Yea precisely, at the end of the day these are fan boards...

Most people posting here, in this particular forum, are fans of Angels and Airwaves, enjoy the music, but can also have opinions every so often on where they don't like certain aspects of the band or the band's music.

The forum is not here for those who are here to hate the band, and post in every topic how much the band has let them down and how they believe the music sucks etc...

If you want to let off some steam, go and create some new forum somewhere, called the Anti-AVA forum, where you can bitch and whine to your hearts contempt.

Most people posting here, in this particular forum, are fans of Angels and Airwaves, enjoy the music, but can also have opinions every so often on where they don't like certain aspects of the band or the band's music.

The forum is not here for those who are here to hate the band, and post in every topic how much the band has let them down and how they believe the music sucks etc...

If you want to let off some steam, go and create some new forum somewhere, called the Anti-AVA forum, where you can bitch and whine to your hearts contempt.

But you have to realize some people on this board have been here since wayyyy before there was such a thing as AVA, in fact most of AVA's fanbase is former Blink fans.

I have been here since 2002/2003 timeframe.

Now you could say I should just stay away from the AVA section, but since a former member of Blink is in the band I am likely to follow it. No?

I admit that constantly bitching them out is something that isn't necessary and I don't believe I fall into that category (if you go back and read my initial post in this thread I said nothing negative at all). However, when something new is released or something happens with the band, I think it's ok to comment on it either negatively or postively.

It defeats the purpose of a forum when you just have everyone saying "Tom is so great, he can do no wrong" "AVA is so great".

But you have to realize some people on this board have been here since wayyyy before there was such a thing as AVA, in fact most of AVA's fanbase is former Blink fans.

Now you could say I should just stay away from the AVA section, but since a former member of Blink is in the band I am likely to follow it. No?

I admit that constantly bitching them out is something that isn't necessary and I don't believe I fall into that category (if you go back and read my initial post in this thread I said nothing negative at all). However, when something new is released or something happens with the band, I think it's ok to comment on it either negatively or postively.

It defeats the purpose of a forum when you just have everyone saying "Tom is so great, he can do no wrong" "AVA is so great".

Great post.

Yea I agree, and I wasn't particularly focusing on yourself. I was really just focusing on people who have nothing to say positive about the band in any thread, the true "haters". The people who try and find the wrong in everything Tom says or does, I just don't believe its needed. When Blink was still around and I was on these boards, there was very rarely anything negative to say, as people on here were true Blink fans. Naturally things are going to change as these are Blink forums still, with members now able to comment on the two new bands formed from the ashes of Blink, so there are going to be positive and negative views. I just feel there needs to be a line drawn so that fans of AVA can actually have some positivity within the forums they are posting...

Yea I agree, and I wasn't particularly focusing on yourself. I was really just focusing on people who have nothing to say positive about the band in any thread, the true "haters". The people who try and find the wrong in everything Tom says or does, I just don't believe its needed. When Blink was still around and I was on these boards, there was very rarely anything negative to say, as people on here were true Blink fans. Naturally things are going to change as these are Blink forums still, with members now able to comment on the two new bands formed from the ashes of Blink, so there are going to be positive and negative views. I just feel there needs to be a line drawn so that fans of AVA can actually have some positivity within the forums they are posting...

Right. I understand what your saying completely.

That is really stupid.

Please explain to me how someone can be objective about music. Isn't music all about being subjective? What's good music to someone, can be bad music to someone else. Of course all the ava lovers are being subjective.

Right. I understand what your saying completely.

That wasn't sarcastic was it lol? If it was, I can explain better if you need...

Please explain to me how someone can be objective about music. Isn't music all about being subjective? What's good music to someone, can be bad music to someone else. Of course all the ava lovers are being subjective.

Um, well looks like we are dealing with semantics here.

I just mean I can be objective in the sense that I am not so blinded by my love for Tom that I will automatically think anything and everything he does is great. Or on the opposite end have someone who thinks everything he does is shit.

But yes music is subjective, your totally right. Like it's a person's opinion.

That wasn't sarcastic was it lol? If it was, I can explain better if you need...

HAHA, no not at all.

What you say is true. I completely agree that people shouldn't be just constantly bashing AVA on here. In fact I might be guilty going a little overboard with it once and awhile.

But at the sametime people shouldn't be censored just cause they might have a negative opinion on a new release or something Tom might have done or said.

Guest theghettounicorn

for a blink fan you're pretty serious

I-Empire: yo oh oh oh ohhh oh oh yo oh yo yo oh ohhh ohhh noo ooo yo ohh no

how can you say that, when there was none of it in the clip?

You can tell that, that is going to happen. They haven't changed their style at all they just said they were, or at least I heard they were. So it's still the same shit.

I-Empire: yo oh oh oh ohhh oh oh yo oh yo yo oh ohhh ohhh noo ooo yo ohh no

how can you say that, when there was none of it in the clip?

You can tell that, that is going to happen. They haven't changed their style at all they just said they were, or at least I heard they were. So it's still the same shit.

those are my thoughts why this clip is dissappointing, it sounds like any of the songs off of wdntw, and i liked that cd for a while, then it got boring, so i was excited when i heard (at least i thought i did) him say it was going to be more rock or "dance rock" ... but its kind of dissappointing if he is just going to remake wdntw

hang on, nowhere has Tom been quoted to have said that this new album will be "dance rock" or of any different genre to WDNTW, ANYWHERE. The dance rock references have all been rumours from "unknown" members on message boards like Absolute Punk and stuff.

Get your facts right before you start making snide comments like that....

hang on, nowhere has Tom been quoted to have said that this new album will be "dance rock" or of any different genre to WDNTW, ANYWHERE. The dance rock references have all been rumours from "unknown" members on message boards like Absolute Punk and stuff.

Get your facts right before you start making snide comments like that....

whoa, calm down first of all

2nd of all i said (at least i thought i did) so i didnt say it was a fact

3rd of all doesnt change the fact that this songs sounds like its just an extension of wdntw