Just so you know...

Guest reiss

i have to agree with oliver on this topic, he is making sense in what he's saying despite it making one of our heroes look like an asshole. travis has deffinitely changed from the person he was in the aquabats to who he is now. bands shouldnt lie, its a lot easier and would have been more sensible to release a statement straight away on their website and myspace like "Due to unforseen circumstances, +44 have had to cancel their upcoming European tour. It is a decision we didn't want to make and a choice we didn't take lightly but due to personal issues with a member of the band we cannot go ahead with the tour. We know you will respect the band member's decision and wish him all the best for the future. +44 will come back to Europe as soon as possible and in the meantime, will spend some time in the studio to prepare and possibley make a new album."

and to that guy who said his chick knows he wants to bang girls in the summer, yeah we all look at girls and stare but thats no reason to go up to one and say "hey, wanna fuck?" even if you are a celebrity, its no way to act; its essentially sexual harrassment. just because your famous doesnt mean you can shove your cock in every pussy you see, especially if you're having an iffy on and off thing with your wife who you have had kids with.

Cool. Agree 100%

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oliver calm the fuck down. So they disagree with your bitching, so what. That's all you fucking do. You get some crazy conspiracy theory about why some band did something and it's rediculous. Go ahead and say I'm kissing their ass because you'll be wrong, I don't give two shits about this band or it's members.

Oliver calm the fuck down. So they disagree with your bitching, so what. That's all you fucking do. You get some crazy conspiracy theory about why some band did something and it's rediculous. Go ahead and say I'm kissing their ass because you'll be wrong, I don't give two shits about this band or it's members.

Dude. I am totally calm and much calmer then you are.

I am just stating my opinion. No need to get your panties all in a bunch.

I swear on my life that when I initially made that remark about Travis I had no intention of it turning into some fucking argument again.

Yet the ass kissers came out in full force and tried to tear me apart again.

we all have opinions, i for one think mark has changed a lot. he used to do his own thing and people thought he was cool for it. now i think he's trying to do the cool things and it just doesnt work for him. i also think he couldn't care about his fans and +44 because +44 sucks (they're just an average band, no where near as good as blink) and he wants to spend more time producing. i think he should just pack in his band than compete with tom and get into producing. thats just what i think, it could be right but it's probably wrong, its just how i feel about mark and ollie has his theory about travis that i agree with. so what if its right or wrong, its just interesting to hear what other people think. just because you don't agree doesn't mean you have to be all OMG OllIE FTL!!!

i agree with oliver again.  Yes nobody really knows anything about travis's life except by how the media portray him and everyone knows that the media alter things but once again im suprised by the ignorance shown by some people in this topic.  Some of you cleary dont understand what the music industry or being a celbrity can be like.  Ive never been either a celebrity or involved in the music industry but im not naive to know that when your either of the above most choose to do drugs and sleep about because they can.

Plus 44 lied to us, plain and simple.  I couldnt really care about it anymore to be honest but people need to stop ass kissing the band and defending its members.  Everybody should just let it go.

In my opionion travis has so self control and just because he moved his kids away from shanna because shes a bad influence doesnt mean hes matured.  Its just being a sensiable parent but he can hardly talk as i dont think he is the best influence around children.  Im basing that on what i have seen in the media though....

Guest GrandpaReefer

I refuse to read 3 pages of bullshit

but who really gives a fuck what chicks travis is with?  Who cares!?  It's his fucking life, god damn.  Let him sleep around, let him do what he wants.  Him being a man whore has nothing to do with why they canceled a coupled shows

i agree with oliver again.  Yes nobody really knows anything about travis's life except by how the media portray him and everyone knows that the media alter things but once again im suprised by the ignorance shown by some people in this topic.  Some of you cleary dont understand what the music industry or being a celbrity can be like.  Ive never been either a celebrity or involved in the music industry but im not naive to know that when your either of the above most choose to do drugs and sleep about because they can.

Plus 44 lied to us, plain and simple.  I couldnt really care about it anymore to be honest but people need to stop ass kissing the band and defending its members.  Everybody should just let it go.

In my opionion travis has so self control and just because he moved his kids away from shanna because shes a bad influence doesnt mean hes matured.  Its just being a sensiable parent but he can hardly talk as i dont think he is the best influence around children.  Im basing that on what i have seen in the media though....

but don't you think that it's unfair to judge a person solely on how they appear in the media? the media only reports negative things, because it's just not news if travis is making his kids' lunches and dropping them off at school. positive news reports about famous people don't sell newspapers. so how can you definitively say that travis is a bad influence on his kids when you only know the one or two negative things that he's done? you don't know shit about travis' home life nor his parenting skills, so don't say he's a terrible person/bad parent/bad influence/whatever solely based on one completely biased and selective source.

i'm not saying that travis ISN'T any of those things. i'm just saying that it's unfair to judge him and label him as such when you only judge based on media reports.

haha yes, i know, i did mention it!

anyway theres not much more to discuss.  all these topics should die

All I have to say is that mark has been pretty much straightforward with us from the start, And something appears to be up with Travis.  And clearly Travis wants to keep it private.  I can't believe so many of you people can't respect or understand that.

All I have to say is that mark has been pretty much straightforward with us from the start, And something appears to be up with Travis.  And clearly Travis wants to keep it private.  I can't believe so many of you people can't respect or understand that.

Actually I do respect that. I don't understand why they have to lie.

Mark lies sometimes. I think he's the best out of the group, but as I have said I see a lot of fakeness with him. Moreso then I do with Travis or Tom.

He's 35 year old businessman playing the part of a 18 year old punk rocker.

But lets not go down that road again.

Mark lies sometimes. I think he's the best out of the group, but as I have said I see a lot of fakeness with him. Moreso then I do with Travis or Tom.

They had to lie because a tour got unexplainably cancelled, and fans demanded an answer.  And you say you respect his need for privacy, so how can't you understand why he lied,? if he said Travis has personal issues, that only arrises more questions and speculation (which because of what we've found, has already begun anyway).  Furthermore what he said wasn't neccessarily a lie, they probably are recording the album now, he just withheld the full story, but you said you can respect his need for privacy, so I guess, I'm just confused as to why this all upsets you.

They had to lie because a tour got unexplainably cancelled, and fans demanded an answer.  And you say you respect his need for privacy, so how can't you understand why he lied,? if he said Travis has personal issues, that only arrises more questions and speculation (which because of what we've found, has already begun anyway).  Furthermore what he said wasn't neccessarily a lie, they probably are recording the album now, he just withheld the full story, but you said you can respect his need for privacy, so I guess, I'm just confused as to why this all upsets you.

It doesn't really upset me actually. Maybe a little at first, but now I am just commenting on what I think.

I can understand them withholding it, they could have just said due to "personal issues". They didn't have to lie.

But whatever, like you said it's not a big deal and it's not worth arguing over anymore.

If it were me, I wouldn't give a damn what people thought about me. Honestly. I would mess around with the media so much.

But everyone is different.

I'm 26.  I have a "real" job.  I own a house.  I'm married.

And in my free time, when not working, I wear dickies shorts, t-shirts with punk bands on them, and converse chuck taylors.  Not because I want to "fit in", but because I like how comfortable the clothes are.  I play(ed) in punk bands.  I still go to club shows to see bands that are younger than me.  I enjoy music.  I like everything from Elton John to Beethoven to Blink 182.

Your idea of growing up is alot different than mine.

When you post, I feel like I'm reading something my 50 year old accountant uncle would have said to me when I was 15. 

Mark Hoppus is a millionaire.  If he wants to tour and make money, then it's his choice.  If he wants to wear the clothes he thinks are comfortable, it's his choice.  I don't think he's putting on an act.  When I met him in November, I got to talk to him for awhile.  I asked him about playing to such a younger crowd.  His response was "I enjoy the music I play.  Whether 12 year old girls like it, or middle aged men enjoy it, I'll keep writing the kind of music I like playing."

I don't normally have a problem with your posting, but you sound like a killjoy.

And in my free time, when not working, I wear dickies shorts, t-shirts with punk bands on them, and converse chuck taylors.  Not because I want to "fit in", but because I like how comfortable the clothes are.  I play(ed) in punk bands.  I still go to club shows to see bands that are younger than me.  I enjoy music.  I like everything from Elton John to Beethoven to Blink 182.

When you post, I feel like I'm reading something my 50 year old accountant uncle would have said to me when I was 15. 

Mark Hoppus is a millionaire.  If he wants to tour and make money, then it's his choice.  If he wants to wear the clothes he thinks are comfortable, it's his choice.  I don't think he's putting on an act.  When I met him in November, I got to talk to him for awhile.  I asked him about playing to such a younger crowd.  His response was "I enjoy the music I play.  Whether 12 year old girls like it, or middle aged men enjoy it, I'll keep writing the kind of music I like playing."

I don't normally have a problem with your posting, but you sound like a killjoy.

but you wear those clothes cause you feel comfortable in them, not cause you get money by  wearing them. But I gotta warn you: You wear the same clothes as fatguys with weird hairdues

Wow. Sounds like you have done well for yourself, for only being 26 years old. I am 25, and I only have a good job. I am pretty far from both Marriage and owning my own home. So good for you!

However there is a big difference between us and Mark Hoppus who is 35 years old. He was our age in what.....1997?

I am not saying Mark can't wear Dickies/Hurley or whatever or do whatever he wants for that matter. I am also not saying it's strange for someone like you to wear that stuff. I also like all types of music.

I just think there is a lot to Mark that is fake. Like Tom said Mark is really smart, there is a lot more to him then he gives off. ANd I just wonder how much of it is a marketing gimmick or how much of it is real.

Yeah he's a millionaire, he successfully manages bands, clothing companies, and whatever else. That isn't some punk guy who is "oh par" with the "kids", that is very far from it.

I sat front row at a Plus 44 show awhile ago and I honestly just didn't see Mark as being real. It was like he was onstage going though the motions. I just tell. It was very forced.

Whereas with Tom and Travis I think you are getting the real deal. I think Travis really is that crazy party guy with the tat's and Tom really is that highly confident arrogant guy who wants to change the world with AVA. There is no gimmick with them. Or at least not as much as Mark.

so whats marks gimmick??

That's he fakes being excited at shows. That he writes music for teenagers on the purpose of selling more albums, that he still wears teens clothes as a grey haired 35 year old. That he latches onto bands that are popular with todays teens, such as FOB, PATD, etc.

I don't know. That seems pretty harsh. Not everything about him is bad. I am just saying it seems to be true from my perspective.

Wow. Sounds like you have done well for yourself, for only being 26 years old. I am 25, and I only have a good job. I am pretty far from both Marriage and owning my own home. So good for you!

However there is a big difference between us and Mark Hoppus who is 35 years old. He was our age in what.....1997?

I am not saying Mark can't wear Dickies/Hurley or whatever or do whatever he wants for that matter. I am also not saying it's strange for someone like you to wear that stuff. I also like all types of music.

I just think there is a lot to Mark that is fake. Like Tom said Mark is really smart, there is a lot more to him then he gives off. ANd I just wonder how much of it is a marketing gimmick or how much of it is real.

Yeah he's a millionaire, he successfully manages bands, clothing companies, and whatever else. That isn't some punk guy who is "oh par" with the "kids", that is very far from it.

I sat front row at a Plus 44 show awhile ago and I honestly just didn't see Mark as being real. It was like he was onstage going though the motions. I just tell. It was very forced.

Whereas with Tom and Travis I think you are getting the real deal. I think Travis really is that crazy party guy with the tat's and Tom really is that highly confident arrogant guy who wants to change the world with AVA. There is no gimmick with them. Or at least not as much as Mark.

I understand what you mean, I saw the same thing with him when I saw them (twice).  I don't really think its a marketing/money thing though.  I mean there's other reasons he could be acting like that.  Maybe he's just going through a hard time and is just really depressed, but trying to hide it.  Maybe he just really misses blink and can't really enjoy +44 the same way. I think that thing that also threw me off was the incongruity between the his 'onstage banter' and their songs.  It just seemed really weird doing some light-hearted thing and then launching into 'No it Isn't' or 'Weatherman'.

I guess if it was really all about money for him, why would he a do a podcast, a blog, have a myspace?  He doesn't do those for money, and I don't think he does those things to promote +44 either.  It really seems more about promoting himself than anything else.