song i wrote, in memory of a friend that just passed away

Big Shot (hands in the sky)

My friend Danny passed away a few nights ago, and we are having a candle ceremony at his house tomorrow night. I wrote some words about it all, and just wanted to get some feedback. I'm thinking about getting this printed on little card things, and handing them out to serve as a reminder in honor of Danny.

any feedback?

or anything anyone would change before i hand them out?

or is that even a good idea?

"Your smile was the best one on this planet

And all I can hope

Is that we never forget

There's this crowd of people, all tied up

Their loose lives and open doors

Just all slammed shut

But son, dear son,

It's alright, it really is

We wish you the best of luck

Savior come

Rise up from the ashes and take this good friend home

Savior come

Rise up from the ashes and take this good friend home"

thanks guys. i'm so fucking weirded out about it, cause like 2 months ago the same thing almost happened to me (overdose). and i probably should have told him what an overdose is and how you overdose.

incase you guys want to know a little of what happened.... we used to smoke (heroine) alot together, and i got caught so im in this outpatient rehab thing now. and he promised he'd quite too. but we'd been smokin for like a year so we'd both built up a tolerance.

he relapsed on wednesday night (smoked again), but what he didnt realize was that he lost the tolerance, so what he thought he needed to just get high, killed him. (hopefully that makes sense)

i learned that like 2 weeks ago, about how you lose tolerance. and i feel really bad cause i should have told him if he's ever gonna smoke again to start low again. so ya, these past few days have been the worst. but i'm done with that shit now, you never picture that happening to someone you know.

also. i write alot of lyrics, so i'll probably be posting every now and again. i really enjoy reading the one's you guys post. Ari i think his name is? your fucking amazing lyricist bro

but again, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

crap man, that's heavy (story of your friend).  props to ya man for taking the road less traveled because it'd damm hard, i know.  chances are this hasn't even all sank in yet, but you're handeling this real well and i give you congrats man.  just don't get down on yourself for not preventing his death, it was his decisions that ultimately led to what happened, just be thankful for the times you did get to have with him and know he's looking down smiling on you waiting to hang out again...